[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 495: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 495: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
LG Passive 3DTV colorbug investigation and FIX - 3D Vision Blog - Forum

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: LG Passive 3DTV colorbug investigation and FIX
PostPosted: 24 Feb 2012, 14:40 

PostPosted: 25 Feb 2012, 09:08 

thx for the guide. i have a problem with eye swap when i use your edit (or mine) i have to use my glass upside down (lw4500) how can i fix this ? normally its fine wiith 3dtv play btw

PostPosted: 25 Feb 2012, 10:17 

PostPosted: 25 Feb 2012, 16:58 

@Shii

I want to thank you again for your great guide/help and everything between! - cheers! :)

It finally worked for me, after reinstalling everything and reseting my tv.

Now i wont to share another experience:

As Shii already explaines in his guide, everyone who is using sound over hdmi has to give it up - but that`s not completely true :lol:

I`ll give you a short heads up about my setup:

LG 55lw4500 TV
NVIDIA GTX 580 (2x DVI, 1x HDMI, 1x DisplayPort)
Onkyo TX-SR608 AV Receiver

When i was really happy having a perfect Interleaved 1080p picture (Skyrim 1080p 3D at 60hz on a 55 inch tv :D :D )

i couldn`t take the fact that i have to give up the perfect LPCM 5.1/7.1 sound in games and movies. (optical/analog is always lossy)

So I have made the following setup and it works perfectly!

What do you need? - 1x DVI to HDMI adapter oder DisplayPort to HDMI adapter

1. plug in the DVI/HDMI or DP/HDMI Adapter
2. connect your PC direclty to your TV with your adapter and a hdmi cable
3. grab another hdmi cable and connect your pc with your av receiver
4. if you turn everything on...nvidia will recognize two displays
(the av receiver is shown as a display and your tv of course)
5. reinstall Shii`s Acer/LG edid - over the correct display (your TV)
(the av receiver driver/display stays untouched)
6. Reboot
7. Nvidia will now clone these two displays
(cloning can produce some picture failures or delay`s)
8. instead of cloning - enhance your picture (nvidia settings) and set the TV as primary display
9. go to digital audio (nvidia settings) and set at hdmi your av receiver
10. check if your tv is recognized as DVI monitor (nvidia settings)

Now you will have your desktop displaying on your tv and the enhanced desktop (without) icons at your av receiver (if you switch to that output)

And thats it! - A perfect 3D interleaved picture and the full LPCM sound over hdmi with your av receiver!

kind regards!

PostPosted: 25 Feb 2012, 17:13 

@Hugezilla
Great to hear this and thanks for useful addition!
Actually I thought about possibility of using various outputs for TV and audio but I don`t have AV receiver and new videocard to test this. My GeForce 9600GT has only 2 dvi outputs - one for monitor, second for TV, so your method not for all :). Now I have to correct my manual for owners of modern videocards with 3 or more outputs.
Anyways, this is great, that 3d interleaved finally works for you! :)

PostPosted: 26 Feb 2012, 00:48 

hey shii - at which depth level are you playing normaly or lets say...at which level begins ghosting?

So far i have tested - darksiders, skyrim and battfield 3..of course..every game has its own level of depth and convergence.

but i just thougt a comparison could be interesting.

PostPosted: 26 Feb 2012, 10:53 

Hugezilla, ghosting not begins at any level. Depth and convergence may differs and if set too extreme values, eyes may hurt because can`t properly focus. Well, I tested 3d with Portal 2, Skyrim, Dear Eshter and Mount and Blade Warband and didn`t notice any ghosting with default settings. I didn`t played this games much in 3d - my current hardware too weak to play games in 3d. So, I planning to do full hardware upgrade in next 2-3 month.

PostPosted: 26 Feb 2012, 11:19 

PostPosted: 26 Feb 2012, 13:17 

I don`t know what`s wrong but even with Depth 100 I didn`t notice any ghosting in Skyrim and Portal 2. Only eyes hurts. :shock:
Maybe you watching TV from very high angle? Try position your head lower then center of the screen. When I sitting too high I can notice some ghosting at top of the screen.

PostPosted: 26 Feb 2012, 14:01 
Site Admin

Passive 3D HDTVs usually have a very narrow vertical viewing angle, moving away from the "sweet spot" can lead to increased crosstalk/ghosting and can even lead to not seeing the 3D effect anymore, so be careful where you sit in front of the TV set when using it in 3D mode.

Profile WWW  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next