All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: Convert wired glasses to wireless?
PostPosted: 27 Aug 2010, 20:34 

I have used quite a few different 3D setups over the years, and now have at least a half-dozen pairs of the wired shutter glasses. Does anyone know of any instructions for converting them to wireless that would be compatible with the nVidia system? I'm imagining it can't be all that difficult to add a battery, an IR sensor, and the small circuit needed for flipping the LCDs on/off. It has to be cheaper than the $150 per pair they cost new. I figured I'd see if anyone has already done this before trying to tackle it on my own.

Post subject: Re: Convert wired glasses to wireless?
PostPosted: 28 Aug 2010, 11:29 
Site Admin

I haven't seen anyone doing that yet with wired pair of shutter glasses converted to wireless and capable to work with the 3D Vision IR transmitter. What type of wired shutter glasses do you have E-Dimensional or other?

Profile WWW  

Post subject: Re: Convert wired glasses to wireless?
PostPosted: 05 Sep 2010, 13:32 

I have several different ones. Originally I had the H3D/Wicked 3D setup on my PC. I also have glasses from a cheap TV adapter (I forget the brand name). They're the same as the H3D ones, as I have used them interchangeably. I even have an old pair from the Sega Genesis. Thought it would be cool if I could reuse them and save some $ in the process.