[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 495: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 495: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
True 1080p 3D, 60Hz for each eyeball - 3D Vision Blog - Forum

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: True 1080p 3D, 60Hz for each eyeball
PostPosted: 04 Jun 2010, 02:46 

Is there any monitor, pj etc.. that can show this size?

I have been reading a-lot lately on 3D, between checkerboarding, ghosting and rainbow effects, It becomes quite frustrating on what to buy. I have no where to go to try before buying.

I'm looking for my Pc gaming rig, I have a 30" screen now so going to a 23" feels like a step backwards. I heard that the Mitsubishi TV's are a good investment with little of the problems mentioned before.

Since reading your blog I feel you have more experience than most when it comes to 3D and any advice subjective or otherwise would be appreciated.

Regards

Post subject: Re: True 1080p 3D, 60Hz for each eyeball
PostPosted: 04 Jun 2010, 09:14 
Site Admin

The only option for now would be a Full HD 120Hz LCD Monitor like the 23" Alienware Optix AW2310, 23" LG W2363D, 24" Acer GD245HQ or the upcoming 27" Asus PG276. The new 3D HDTVs using HDMI 1.4(a) don't officially support 1080p with 60Hz per eye for gaming and the 3D DLP based HDTVs actually use half resolution when in 3D mode because of the specifics of the DLP checkerboard pattern. 1080p Full HD 3D DLP projectors are still not available on the market, so this is not an option either...

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: 07 Jun 2010, 07:23 

Hi, i have a Samsung 55'' display and i'm reasonably happy with it. The only thing is, i seem to be having issues when trying to play back 1920X1080p side by side or under/over files. I don't have any problems running Knights Tale 4D ( its in 576 ), but every file i downloaded in 1920X1080p just wont work? I get an error msg that says " resolution not supported ". Am i missing something here? I thought my tv would support this. It has me stumped.

The only thing i can think it may be is the tv is combining each eye as 1920X1080p, therefore its doubled, but surly that wouldn't be logical as each eye is displayed alternately. If some can help me out here i would much appreciate it 8-)
Thanks for the forum and maybe some solutions in advance,
Andy.

PostPosted: 07 Jun 2010, 08:42 
Site Admin

What are you using to play the stereo 3D videos on your TV?

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: 07 Jun 2010, 08:48 

PostPosted: 07 Jun 2010, 09:41 
Site Admin

If you play it from a PC with the Stereoscopic Player for example it should work with Side by Side output, it will probably even work with a normal video player if the file itself is in Side by Side or Over/Under format. But directly on the TV, it is possible that the built-in player does not support all formats and resolution. For example it might only accept 1080p half resolution (squashed) input or only full resolution 1080p. Unfortunately I don't yet have a 3D HDTV to test with...

What files are you having problems with and what play without issues?

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: 07 Jun 2010, 10:22 

I'm starting to think that full hi def 3d will only work with bluray 3D dvd's because of internal proprietary codecs from samsung. I think this what you stated as well. As for what files work and dont work,( from tv's USB) Knights tale 576p, Girls washing cars 1080p squashed and a sports demo that is used for in store demos all work fine. The pirate 4d demo, oldtimers( trains i think), fly me to the moon, dracula 4d and most that state 1080 dont work.

I did however re convert the resolution of fly me to the moon to 576, and it now works, with poorer quality and substantial ghosting. I haven't really played with Stereoscopic Player as i just downloaded it today. So i will have a play around with that.

PostPosted: 14 Jun 2010, 21:41 

PostPosted: 14 Jun 2010, 22:13 
Site Admin

When opening the videos in the stereoscopic player you should choose 16:9 aspect ratio for videos that are in 1080p half resolution (squashed) in Side by Side format (1920x1080), this should fix the issue you are having. When opening a true 1080p (3840x1080) video in Side by Side you don't have issues with the aspect ratio, right?

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: 02 Jul 2010, 00:28 

I found this site searching for an answer to the same question as the original poster in this thread... I see that my choices are very small (both quantity and screen size) if I want to view true 1080p 3D video. Are 3D Blue-ray dvd's also not true 1080p? If they are not then no further discussion is needed. If they are... then is it possible to encode existing full 1080p 3d videos into blue-ray so that they can then be viewed on the new 3D TV's? Although gaming would be fun to experiment with, all I really want to be able to do is view 3D still images and 3D video. Ideally, at true 1080P on a 40"+ monitor...