All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: Connectivity questions BENQ 710 or ACER 53 with IMAC 2012
PostPosted: 07 Jan 2013, 06:01 

Hi,

I just got a new IMAC 27 inch with gtx680M 2 Gig got bootcamp to work with windows 8 on 3TB fusion drive (was not an easy tasks!). Got myself an ASUS VG278HE with a minidisplay DVI dual link and voila 3D gaming and movies... Now I already own 2 projectors and I would like to pick up either the BenQ or ACer for gaming in 3D but I have some concerns regarding connectivity. The Imac only connects through a Dual DVI miniport display connector for 120hz... The standard DVI or HDMI adaptor only pushes 60hz. How will I connect it to either projectors?

Thx

Post subject: Re: Connectivity questions BENQ 710 or ACER 53 with IMAC 201
PostPosted: 23 Jan 2013, 13:18 
Site Admin

With projectors you are limited at 720p for gaming, there are no 120Hz 3D-capable consumer grade projectors that can work at 1080p.

The models that support 3D at 1080p resolution rely on HDMI 1.4 and you are limited to 1080p 24Hz 3D mode which is good only for movies, but not for gaming.

So what you would need is a normal display port to HDMI adapter and you should be good to go, there is no need to look for special active converter as with the DP to Dl-DVI needed for active 3D monitors such as the one you are using for the ASUS VG278HE monitor.

Profile WWW