All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: Need some info before buying 3d video processing
PostPosted: 27 Jul 2012, 05:16 

Hi!
I am not much of a techie so some to the terms with regards to 3D is quite confusing. There has been discussions about 60hz and 120hz for 3d video processing. First of all I own an Optoma HD66. I would really try it's 3d capability but still searching for the practical and budget 3d processor/converter . Right now there are two available 120hz/720p 3d video processor which is the Optoma and the Viewsonic. Question is do I really need 120hz to achieve decent 3d quality? Most of the 3d videos I watch came from torrents of which most of it are side by side. There are much cheaper 2d-3d 60hz converters that claims to give the 120hz the same performance. Anyway I appreciate if an expert could explain the facts by way of examples so I could decide on what to buy. Anyway I"ll still keep the 120hz option if ever. Thanks and will appreciate any info.

Post subject: Re: Need some info before buying 3d video processing
PostPosted: 27 Jul 2012, 09:52 
Site Admin

What are you going to be using the Optoma with so that you need an additional processor to add HDMI 1.4 input support to it?

If you are using the projector with a PC you can directly feed it with frame sequential input and still display 3D at 60Hz per eye (120Hz).

Profile WWW