All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: Creating a 3D projector guide
PostPosted: 21 Apr 2012, 07:49 

I was just noticing that in order to find out about a particular projector and how to get it to work one has to hunt down many trails and use a trial and error route of what will and will not work. Is it possible to have a 'sticky' wikipedia type page on each projector of the work arounds (if needed). I have read that some have bought a monitor and then they find out that they need an extra box to make it work. This would take the surprise factor out of the projector purchase. I know it is making work for you Bloody, but ultimately it would decrease your work as I have seen you answer the same question numerous times on the technical details and requirements of the individual machines.

Post subject: Re: Creating a 3D projector guide
PostPosted: 22 Apr 2012, 19:52 
Site Admin

It is a bit of a problem for me to talk about projectors that I haven't seen, tested or used... and getting 3D-capable projectors for testing is still much harder than with 3D monitors. I'm able to answer more generic questions for most models, but for more serious issues if I don't have personal experience it is not always easy to answer or to be that specific. And 3D projector makers aren't making it any easier when they don't release some of the most important information regarding the 3D support for their products, not to mention that most of the time when you contact their support you get some generic answers that don't help you at all either. That is precisely why I'm also hoping that people will be sharing their feedback with different 3D-capable products as well, so we can share tips, useful information and most of all help each other... ;)

Profile WWW