[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 495: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 495: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
movavi 2d to 3d batch converter - 3D Vision Blog - Forum

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: movavi 2d to 3d batch converter
PostPosted: 15 Feb 2011, 19:32 

they sent me a email today on their new converter.. I hadnt tried it yet.

"
You probably made some incredible romantic videos yesterday. But are they still in 2D? Even still in black and white? Just imagine if you could watch all your special moments the way you experienced them - we're working on it! When 2D love is not enough, you need Movavi Video Converter 3D to bring back the magic. It's not rocket science either - just put on your 3D glasses, drag three simple sliders to bring depth and perspective to your feelings (and the movie), and click Save!

Here's an overview of Movavi Video Converter 3D:

Automatic conversion from 2D to 3D.

Instant preview of 3D output.

HD-video ready.

Support of polarization glasses, shutter technology (NVIDIA), and anaglyph 3D glasses.

Support of 3D TVs, NVIDIA 3D Vision Glasses Kit, and 120 Hz displays.

Ready-made predefined settings for various devices and the web (iPad, YouTube, PlayStation PS3, Xbox 360 etc).

Batch file processing.

Automatic brightness feature.

3D depth and shift effect adjustment.

CPU acceleration on 2010 Intel Core processors.

GPU acceleration with NVIDIA CUDA (encoding only).
"

Post subject: Re: movavi 2d to 3d batch converter
PostPosted: 16 Feb 2011, 02:46 

got it.. ok- how it differs from roxio videowave- .. it has options. beyond that :

if you render side by side, the nvidia 3d player problably wont play it, just black and a progress bar.. the movavi 3d player will.

the interphase-

for out you probably want mpeg 4 avc, modified to be 'same as input' for everything but aspect ratio correction, for that you want 'stretch' and off.
In general I find the movavi converter in the 'auto' bitrate setting for mp4 is usually superior in compressing other mp4 videos down at least 1/3 of the size, and raw camera video by half or better. though be aware if you dont want to to deinterlace (1080I) DONT use the hardware acceleration, as that seems to want it progressive, always.
It works fast, but not without CUDA.. you may be rendering for hours (or days) otherwise.

the 3d adjusting- effective, but not implemented well-

You want 'optimized', or side by side with prism glasses.

The first adjuster changes the frame sync of the second image, the more off you go with this the further out of time it will be.. is this effective for expressing 3d?

The second and third are what you are famillair with.. it does what it should, adjusting the overlap.

The anagylph adjusting approach worked, just not very well.. i just adjusted the convergence to where i think the middle should be and told it to render.

The output was very good, never as good as shot in stereo, of corse, but much much better thant the mangling that the roxio converter does.

If you shoot stereo with a mono backup, this might be enough to get you a cutaway shot. otherwise, it kinda works ok for 2d to 3d conversion.

PostPosted: 18 Feb 2011, 10:50 

doesn't work for me ...

first i tried to convert a file for my acer laptop with polarisation glasses, but movavi 3D converter doesn't support above-below (top-bottom) output format which is needed for my laptop with TriDef Player.

after that, i tried to convert a file for a Samsung 3D TV. i used movavis stereo (side-by-side) output format. the resulting video is unusable with the 3D TV (completely wrong alignment).

finally i tried the red-cyan mode, but the 3d effect was not satisfying.

PostPosted: 23 Feb 2011, 03:55 

I was mistaken about the hardware acceleration aspects of this program, but not completely.. many GPU enabled apps that use the GPU accleration might not do all the aspects correctly throught the acceleration: color correcting, frame quantization, deinterlacing.
This version of movavi will color correct and save out a frame GPU processed where an older version of it wouldn't apply the color processing.

This is still the best of the low end 2d to 3d converters.

I find that a low data rate stereo file, that renders to a similar file size of the single mono will be noiseyer, but because of the stereo imaging, you wont perceive it as much. Basically a noisy stereo file is similar to the same sized clearer one, but its a matter of taste.

Hi-def files to side by side (from this) wont display in the nvidia player, it doesn't like anything so wide.

PostPosted: 23 Feb 2011, 10:55 
Site Admin

It might be nice as something to play with, but one would expect more from a commercial software with such a price.

To me it seems that they just put together some basic 2D to 3D conversion functionality on top of an already developed video conversion software and that is precisely why the 2D to 3D conversion functionality lacks even some basic features that you'd expect from a commercial software. I'm talking about finer controls with some values as a reference and not just sliders, some tips for better results depending on the source and output material and a scene detection for the frame offsetting... these are a must if you are going to sell such a software instead of offering it for free... ;)

Profile WWW