All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: Stereoscopic player stuttering w 3dtv play
PostPosted: 12 Jul 2011, 12:41 

Hi all,

Im new to the forum and looking for help. I have a problem which is preventing me from enjoying movies on my 3dtv. Whilst playing movies the movie occasionally stutters which is especially noticeable during action scenes and explosions! Very frustrating. The input file is an SBS mkv and the output is onto a Sony Bravia HX800 40" 3dtv. I dont believe the stutter is due to my rig as it isnt the slowest thing on earth:

i5 2500k @ 4ghz
2133 cl9 ram
Vertex 3 ssd
2x eVGA GTX 460 (768mb) superclocked running in SLi

The problem doesn't seem to happen when using vob files through power dvd 10 or if just using the blu ray itself. It appears to only happen when using an sbs mkv file.

Output setting is set to nVidia 3d vision as this is the only setting that produces a working 3d image. The open GL quad buffer does strange and variable things and one of the other viewing methods produces a shaking of the background (distant features? ?out of sync shuttering?)

Any help would be greatly appreciated

J

Post subject: Re: Stereoscopic player stuttering w 3dtv play
PostPosted: 12 Jul 2011, 16:54 
Site Admin

Have you tried disabling SLI, it may be causing the issue?

What driver version are you using, do you have 3D Vision IR emitter plugged in or are you using the 3DTV Play software?

I suppose that you are playing the video on 1080p 24Hz 3D mode, is the problematic video with 24 fps or not?

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: 13 Jul 2011, 06:55 

Thanks for the reply Bloody, the driver version is 275.33. The IR emitter is the Sony Bravia emitter for the television. I am in 1080p 24hz 3d mode. The film is in 23.98 (expected) fps I think that maybe the jitter (ms) might go from 2 -> 7ish during its little stutters and during these stutters, some frames are droped according to the counter (ctrl alt q). Disabling sli has not helped.

PostPosted: 21 Jul 2011, 02:01 

I uninstalled k-lite and installed coreavc - also bought a gtx590....... im guessing its not hardware and doesn't seem to be codec related - maybe its just nvidias 3dtvplay/3dvision software which is shite. Getting a Samsung S27A950D sometime next week which can receive input in sbs instead of my bravia which requires frame packing. will report back