The 3D Vision Video Player has finally been updated from version 1.5.2 to 1.5.5a adding some new and interesting features that were already introduced in the Stereoscopic Player (the 3D Vision player is based on). One of the most notable new additions in version 1.5.5a of the 3D Vision Video Player is the option to watch online streaming 3D content, a feature that might come in handy pretty soon with all the 3D craze going around. And here are two interesting pages where you can find some more stereoscopic 3D movies that can be played with the 3D Vision video player on your PC: stereo movie gallery Kawagoe that have some 3D videos you probably still haven’t seen.
Here is the complete changelog:
– Adds online 3D streaming capability via File > Open URL.
– Added QuickTime source DirectShow filter.
– Added MXF splitter DirectShow filter.
– Added QuickTime Stream Splitter, Flash Stream Splitter, MXF Stream Splitter and MJPEG2000 Video Decoder categories to the preferred filters configuration.
– Added JPS descriptor support. The player does not ask the user to select the stereoscopic format for JPS files anymore.
– Added support ARGB input format in the Stereo Transformation filter.
– Fixed crash when leaving dual screen fullscreen mode.
– Fixed invalid library items when opening movies failed.
– Added synchronized command execution to effect control.
– Added GPU-based YUV to RGB conversion in OpenGL mode.
– Added: Improved performance and image quality in OpenGL mode.
– Changed: Merged DirectX and OpenGL Stereo Renderer filters.
– Fixed access violation when opening a DVD the first time.
– Added support for separate left/right still image files.
– Added kiosk mode.
– Added option to set slideshow interval.
– Added trace to error log files.
– Added GetZoom and SetZoom OLE Automation commands.
– Added MJPEG Decompressor as default MJPEG video decoder.
– Changed settings dialog.
– Changed behavior of ‘full screen unscaled’ command: now sets zoom to 100%.
– Fixed crashes when viewing stills on graphics cards with small memory.
– Fixed wrong colored pixels on the border of the screen.
– To download the free Nvidia 3D Vision Stereoscopic Video Player 1.5.5a…
Tags:1.5.5a·1.52·3d video player·3d video streaming·3d vision·3d vision video player·3d vision video player 1.5.5a·nvidia stereo player·stereo 3d video player·stereoscopic 3d videos·stereoscopic player
Stereoscopy gives depth to the images and helps in making complex topics simpler and easier to understand which can greatly improve the educational process while at the same time keeping the viewer’s attention. Stereoscopic 3D is still largely used in entertainment industry to make more appealing movies in cinemas, but that is not the only possible use of the technology and it is as it is still gaining more an more interest. The company Designmate has evolved complex topics like Science and Maths in 3D Stereoscopy which has led to better understanding and greater retention in the students. And here are two short example videos – Drug Resistance (how certain mutant bacterial strain resist the antibiotic effect) and Neuroglial Cells (explaining what the nervous system consists of). You can download the videos from the official website (requires a quick registration) in the form of Side by side format or Anaglyph format or from the provided mirror location without the need to register, but only the Side by Side version…
– To download the Drug Resistance S3D video (side by side and anaglyph)
– To download the Neuroglial Cells S3D video (side by side and anaglyph)
Tags:anaglyph·designmate·drug resistance·educational 3d videos·educational videos·eureka·neuroglical cells·s3d education·side by side·stereoscopic 3d videos
Yabazam is a new service that was just launched last month. The website is operated by DDD, a company whose 3D technology has been licensed by and/or bundled with 3D consumer products by Sharp, Hyundai, Samsung, and Acer. The company DDD is the one behind the TriDef software that works with both Nvidia and ATI video cards and was most recently used in the Acer Aspire 3D laptop that I’ve written about. The idea behind selling 3D videos in HD quality and at an affordable price online is very good and a lot of people asked for such services as still finding full length and good quality Stereoscopic 3D videos is a serious problem. Thus more services like Yabazam are really needed as more and more people are getting and going to get some sort of stereoscopic 3D capable systems.
The only drawback for the Yabazam service is that is has been designed to provide content only for the computers equipped with TriDef compatible S3D hardware and capable of using the TriDef 3D Media Player. The videos that are being sold are encoded in a special format that is recognized only by this player, which unfortunately makes it impossible to play them back if you have a PC with 3D Vision, Iz3D or a lot of other stereoscopic 3D solution. Still if you are using a TriDef equipped stereoscopic 3D PC you should take a look, as on the website you also have access to free S3D trailers and screenshots. So far only 18 videos are being sold on Yabazam, but I’m hoping that the content there can grow as well as being made available for other S3D systems.
– To visit the new Yabazam S3D HD video online store…
Tags:3d hd videos·3d media player·acer aspire 3d·ddd·s3d video store·stereoscopic 3d videos·tridef·yabazam