Nvidia has just released a new beta driver in the form of version 304.48, a driver that is more a bug fix release as well as a driver introducing some performance improvements than something bringing new and interesting features. Regarding 3D Vision support in the new driver, it is pretty much only some new and updated 3D Vision profiles…
New and Updated 3D Vision Profiles:
– Alan Wake’s American Nightmare – Rated Poor
– Borderlands 2 – Updated profile with new convergence settings
– Depth Hunter – Updated rating to 3D Vision Ready
– Mass Effect 3 – Updated in-game compatibility message and profile to be more compatible with community 3D mods
– Max Payne 3 – Updated rating to Excellent and updated in-game compatibility message to inform players to use DirectX 11, to disable MSAA and use FXAA Very High instead, and to use SSAO instead of HDAO.
– Street Fighter X Tekken – Rated 3D Vision Ready
– The Walking Dead – Rated Good
– Tiger Woods PGA 12: The Masters – Rated Good
– Tribes: Ascend – Rated Fair
It isn’t much of a surprise that the new Alan Wake’s American Nightmare is rated as Poor in terms of 3D Vision support, even though the game’s developer promised to pay more attention to the stereoscopic 3D support that they were promising, but did not deliver… I don’t think anyone is surprised here. An interesting thing is that Nvidia is making their profile ore compatible with user modifications for the game Mass Effect 3 making the game look better in stereoscopic 3D mode, hopefully not only Nvidia will recognize the work done by the gaming community, but the developer of the game may also pay some attention and release updates improving the stereoscopic 3D support. You should also note that the game Street Fighter X Tekken is now rated as 3D Vision Ready, so if you still haven’t tried it in stereoscopic 3D mode, then maybe you should give it a go. If you try the new beta feel free to share your feedback from it, and again just as a reminder, this is a beta release, so you may get to see some unexpected issues with it.
– To download and try the new GeForce 304.48 Beta graphics drivers…
Tags:304.48·3d vision·3d vision ready·beta driver·geforce 304.48
It seems that iZ3D was very active behind the scenes working on their new beta drivers and that is the reason why they did not have any publicly released driver updates for quite a while. The company has released two different beta 1.13 drivers, one is a normal beta with new features such as a new user interface and improvements, intended for most users, and the other one is an experimental beta for more advanced users willing to try the new universal shutter mode.
iZ3D Driver version 1.13 beta 1.12.5123:
1. A completely new User Interface in Control Center
2. Added a compatibility key in Config file that increases compatibility with some anticheat software (GameGuard for instance)
3. Added stereoscopic presets for all supported games
4. New Output: AMD HD3D (An output for 3D TV’s that enhances 3D identification process and has special settings for 3D TV’s)
5. Added 2 new output modes for Stereo Mirror output
6. Scaling is now automatically activated for outputs that may require it
7. Added driver activation button
8. Added UM presenter for DirectX 10 (120 Hz Devices output)
9. Added Norton AniVirus to driver’s exceptions
10. All default exceptions are now visible in Control Center Exceptions Sections
11. iZ3D Screenshots that were taken in Mono are now saved in .jpg format
12. Added new lasersight
13. Updated User Guide
As can be seen in point 2, we have created a special mode for iZ3D driver that may help overcome anticheat software problems. This key was developed based on cooperation with protection software developers, but is still experimental, so the only way to activate this mode is to go to Config.xml and change Code: to Code:
1. Re-written interaction with DX10 games on Nvidia GPU (fixes various DX10 compatibility issues
2. Fixed problems for DX10/11 with Dual Monitor outputs (iZ3D, Stereo Mirror, Side-by-Side and such)
3. Fixed bug when AMD users sometimes couldn’t get free 3D DLP output
4. Systems with dual GPU detection of videodriver for DX10/11 is now work properly
5. Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit – fixed problem where shadow from objects were covering huge areas
6. Fixed Aion Crash bug on Vista and Vista x64 OS
7. Fixed DX10/11 interface for Battlefield Bad Company 2
8. Fixed DX9 interfaces for: Civilization V, Tom Clancy’s H.A.W.X. 2, Crysis 2, Monday Night Combat, King Arthur, Darkspore, LEGO Star Wars 3: Clone Wars, Back to the Future Ep1 & Ep2, Need for Speed Shift 2, Assassins Creed Brotherhood, Ghostbusters Sanctum of Slime, Sanctum.
iZ3D Driver version 1.13 Experimental beta 1.12.5145:
This is the 1.13 beta with experimental universal support of shutter / page flipping 3D for Nvidia / AMD + Vista / Win 7 + 32 / 64 bit. It is intended to offer universal support for 3D on different combination of 3D displays using shutter glasses and no matter what video card you are using. iZ3D plans to release bundle of this version and 3D shutter glasses (Bit Cauldron?) which will be compatible with any or most 120Hz desktop monitors, 120Hz projectors, 120Hz TVs. Technically speaking this driver can support any VSync frequency, but for this particular beta release is has been limited to support only 100, 110 and 120Hz. Have in mind that this experimental beta is for advanced users willing to test the new functionality and report bugs, so that it can be further improved. The normal 1.13 beta is a better choice for people willing just to use the driver for playing games.
1. You need shutter glasses – Xpand, Blick, nVidia ….
2. You need to run them to make them flipping. This is most complicated part… Actually I’m afraid you need two PCs for test. For example, you may run 3d projector on one PC and use 3D DLP signal from it to activate Xpand glasses or you can run nVidia 3D Vision glasses on one PC. You can also use 3D TV similar way as projector.
3. Run this version on another PC connected to 120Hz monitor and use glasses from p.2 to observe 3d.
Of course simplest way to test is 3d 120Hz projector, but not every person here has it. Also you may try 3D laptop, all-in-one or monitor with embedded emitter.
And finally you need to select “iZ3D shutter” output for all these tests – trial as usual 30 days
This output will only work if game is in fullscreen mode, and only if resolution is set to it’s maximum.
1. Performance on Nvidia GPU is slightly worse than on ATI
2. Scaling feature causes crashes (disabled)
3. iZ3D Wizard and FPS meter are displayed only in one eye on several DX10/11 games
4. Eye Swap causes freeze of right image.
– To download the standard iZ3D Driver version 1.13 beta 1.12.5123
– To download the experimental iZ3D Driver version 1.13 beta 1.12.5145
Tags:beta driver·Experimental Beta·iz3d·iZ3D 1.13·iZ3D 1.13 beta·iZ3D 1.13 beta 1.12.5123·iZ3D 1.13 Experimental beta 1.12.5145·Universal Shutter Support
Nvidia has released a new beta set of drivers with version 195.81 for both GeForce video cards and 3D Vision. As you know the GeForce video drivers do include a 3D Vision driver, but this driver is not the same as the separate 3D Vision driver version 195.81, so after updating the video driver you should also update the 3D Vision driver too! So a better solution will be to just download the Full CD driver v1.19 that contains bot the latest GeForce and 3D Vision driver in one full package. One of the most important things that should be addressed in the new 3D Vision (and I mean 3D Vision and not just GeForce driver!) version 195.81 is that it should fix the 3D Vision display detection for CRT and DLP displays. With the older driver a lot of people reported having problems with their CRT and DLP displays not being recognized as supported by the 3D Vision. So if you had these troubles after you test the new 3D Vision driver please report if now everything works as it should or you still have issues. One thing to note is that this driver version 195.81 does not support the new Acer 1920×1080 120Hz 3D monitors that were recently announced, but until these displays are available on the market a new update should address this issue…
– To download the 3D Vision Full Driver CD v1.19 for Win 7/Vista (32/64-bit)…
– To download the 3D Vision Driver Version 195.81 Beta for Win 7/Vista (32/64-bit)…
Tags:195.81 driver·3d vision·3d vision cd 1.19·3d vision driver·3d vision update·beta driver·crt fix·dlp fix·geforce driver·nvidia