All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next
 Post subject: 3D Vision IR Emitter Emulator
PostPosted: 22 Mar 2011, 22:09 

I hav found something interesting in a russian forums about 3D and I share it here with people not talking russian as something they may find useful. This is 3D Vision emulator that simulates the presence of a 3D Vision infrared transmitter. It is just like you have connected a real 3D Vision IR transmitter on your computer, the software simulates it and the video driver thinks you actually have such connected. And you get to activate the 3D Vision stereoscopic 3D mode from the Nvidia control panel (you still need Nvidia card).

Here are the instructions to install it, it suppoirts 32-bit/64-bit OS:
Quote:
- Extract the zip archive to a directory such as Program Files
- From the subdirectory DSF you need to run the file DSF-KitSetup.msi (Device Simulation Framework 1.0.1), or you can run the respective 32-bit or 64-bit executable for your type of OS
- Then you need to run once the init.bat file for 32-bit OS or init_x64.bat for 64-bit OS
- After that you can just run the emulator by starting the enablestereo.bat file,do not close the console window that will show while you need to have the emulator running, when you don't need it anymore you can close this window to stop the emulator
- When you have the emulator running you have to enable the 3D Vision with a generic analogue monitor from the Nvidia control panel in the stereoscopic 3D menu

And you can download the emulator here: 3D-Vision-Emulator.zip

Post subject: Re: 3D Vision IR Emitter Emulator
PostPosted: 24 Mar 2011, 00:19 

From Russia with love... :D

http://kostasoft.com/index.php?mod=pages&page=clone

Nvidia could have let people legitimately pay for 120Hz quad-buffer output, without forcing them to buy hardware they don't need, just by adding the generic CRT/DLP output to their 3DTVplay software product. They shouldn't be surprised that users have taken matters into their own hands, with unintended consequences (or at least unavoidable consequences). This crack was designed to enable 3D for DLP TV and projector owners without a 3Dvision kit, but HDMI 1.4 3DTV owners might want to take a good look at it to...

;)

Last edited by Nick 3DvB on 11 Feb 2012, 03:18, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: 30 Mar 2011, 16:04 

Not useful at all as in does not enable legacy eye sync hardware output.
DLP-Link only works with DLP TVs.
DLP-Link on all projectors is incomplete and manual correction is required at all times pseudo stereo is present.

Mathew Orman

PostPosted: 30 Mar 2011, 22:39 

Not useful at all? I think HDMI 1.4 and rear-projection DLP 3DTV owners might disagree with you about that. The only question for DLP projector owners is if they would rather spend $100s on nvidia glasses or just learn to see what pseudo-stereo looks like and then press a few buttons to correct it in seconds. I thought you of all people would want viewers to actually understand what they are looking at... ;)

PostPosted: 20 Apr 2011, 01:00 

I know this is a relativly old post, but I wanted to address the topic. I have an Acer h5360 projector... DLP which supports DLP Link glasses. I have 8 pairs of DLP link glasses (running about $75 each). As far as my 3d Content... I have a Bluray burner with 3d playback, a wide variety of games that 3d vision supports, and a Fuji 3D W3 camera that takes beautiful 3d pictures. I have a computer running an Nvidia GeForce 450 video card, so the Nvidia 3d vision software can be used to simulate 3d for all of my media. I do NOT use the 3d Vision glasses with this setup. I DO, on the other hand, have ANOTHER computer which uses an Asus 120hz monitor that came with the full Nvidia 3d vision kit. On this computer, I use the 3d vision glasses, as DLP link glasses do not work (obviously). Whenever I want to do 3D on my theater computer/projector setup, I have to unplug the emitter from my personal computer and plug it into my "projector setup" computer. I do NOT use the emitter... it's only there to activate the drivers/software.

I found this thread, and decided to try this out. I did NOT have my actual emitter plugged in. When I went to the Nvida 3d vision setup, it's only option was 3d Vision Discovery. I installed the USB device emulation software... and then I ran the batch file. This emulates a USB hub as well as emulates the 3D vision emitter. Once I did this, the 3d vision drivers were fully active, and I could select my projector from the setup dropdown. I tested the test box, and it worked just find. I looked at some 3d pictures and movies I took with my Fuji camera... works EXACTLY the same as if I had the emitter plugged in. You DO have to occasionally tell the projector to "swap eyes" when the image appears inside out, but this was always the case... even when using the physical emitter. not a big deal. whenever you activate the 3d effect, there's always a 50/50 chance it will be inside out... but it's only when you turn it on. Once it's on, it says sync'd exactly as you see it when it's activated. A quick eye swap in the projector's config, and it fixes it every time it happens and it stays perfect for the duration of the 3d.

So.... I will say that this emulator is VERY VERY VERY useful... and if you have an Nvidia card, this type of projector, and DLP Link glasses, this driver will save you $200... the cost of the 3D vision kit (as you can't not currently buy a NEW emitter without the glasses).

I'm suggesting this to friends who are looking into this fairly cheap 3d setup, and don't want to waste money on the kit or glasses when they have no plan on using them.

THANKS for the tip on this... I hope others find this to be as useful as I did!!!

If anyone has any questions about this setup, feel free to post to this thread. I found this setup to be VERY cheap to put together , and the 3D is BEAUTIFUL. I highly recommend the Fuji 3D W3 camera to go along with your setup. The pictures are fantastic, and the video is not half bad... nothing like lookin back to your memories and seeing them in 3d... it really feels like you're back there. It's almost a little creepy how real your 3d pictures look on a 100" screen.

PostPosted: 20 Apr 2011, 21:02 

I am glad it worked for you, after a bit of puzzle it worked for me as well.

Few months ago I got optoma gt700, optoma DLP glasses and the new mac mini with HDMI, however only lately I was able to watch 3D. Problems along the way:

Mac OS do not support 120Hz output nor 3D, so you need windows. I installed windows 7 on mac mini, ultimate 64bit. After that I had installed stereoscopic player and managed to watch my first 3d at home, however software page-flipping buffer, as implemented in stereoscopic player, do not synchronize well with DLP glasses, and depending on the movie resolution, switches eye synchronization from each few seconds to few minutes.

In spite of very convincing posts from Mathew Orman all around net emulating nvidia emitter is a solution for this problem that doesn't involve buying nvidia 3d vision emitter, hence the ultimate prove that nvidia 3d vision is a software update, that implements the synchronization buffer better by using the gpu. No 3D vision hardware was required to make my setup work. Here is the solution:

1. First you need 3D vision enabled drivers and 3d vision software. Apple provides nvidia drivers that do not have 3d vision support, so make sure you install custom 3d vision enable drivers. If you have mac mini, ask here and I give u a link.

2. You need to make sure that you monitor stays on 120Hz during 3D vision setup, therefor you need a custom monitor driver. You have to have edid overwrite option, so to make sure not to switch to native projector mode that is not 120 Hz during 3D vision setup. I used Acer_H5360modded.inf.

After that, grab the inf and replace the monitor driver, through updating the monitor drivers from device manager.

3. Emulate the usb emitter! [url="http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dhttp://Kostasoft.com%26hl%3Den%26prmd%3Divns&rurl=translate.google.co.uk&sl=ru&twu=1&u=http://kostasoft.com/index.php%3Fmod%3Dpages%26page%3Dclone"]link[/url]

4. Run 3d vision setup, and I needed to invert the left and right eyes in projector 3d setup.

After that use any player, nvidia player that comes with 3D vision software or stereoscopic player with nvidia output, mount blue-ray image with daemon tools or convert and enjoy clear, never switching 3D :)

Please replay wither this post have helped you or I just had waisted my time posting here.

Attachments:
Acer_H5360modded.rar [988 Bytes]
Downloaded 3016 times

PostPosted: 13 May 2011, 21:16 

icester wrote:
Not useful at all as in does not enable legacy eye sync hardware output.
DLP-Link only works with DLP TVs.
DLP-Link on all projectors is incomplete and manual correction is required at all times pseudo stereo is present.

I found this tool *very* useful. After running it, I could enable 3D in the Control Panel. I instantly got 3D on my DLP-Link projector (Optoma HD600X). The nvCP even states that my projector is "nvidia 3D vision ready"... So I'm just wondering why a hack like this is required...

BTW: I needed to disable UAC for installation. "Run as administrator" didn't work somehow.

PostPosted: 10 Jun 2011, 02:34 

I was able to use the emulator but suddendly it stopped working... when I run enablestereo.bat (cscript enablestereo.wsf) it gives me in the command line the error "d:\1\enablestereo.wsf(53, 16) Microsoft VBScript Runtime Error: O
ActiveX component can't create object: 'DSF.DSF' I tried reinstalling all, including a fresh new win7 x64. But no luck. Any help ?? TKS

PostPosted: 12 Jun 2011, 22:20 

Maybe some recent windows update has caused the problem, have you installed IE9? Try resetting the zone security levels under the security tab in internet options, just hit "Reset all zones to default level". If that doesn't work set a custom level for each zone and under ActiveX set "Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe for scripting" to Enable.

Also check that DAO is registered ok: regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\DAO\DAO360.DLL" or maybe C:\Program Files(x86)\...

You could try editing enablestereo.bat to force it to use the right cscript version:

start C:\Windows\SysWOW64\cscript.exe enablestereo.wsf

OR

start C:\Windows\System32\cscript.exe enablestereo.wsf

Come to think of it maybe you could try the same thing with Regsvr in the init.bat? You might need to add the path to the wsf file?

I'm out of ideas now, there are some debug tools in the WDK but that's beyond me I'm affraid...

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/de ... n&id=11800

Maybe you could use something like Dependency Walker to pin down the problem instead:

http://www.dependencywalker.com/

Good luck with it, let me know how you get on.

8-)

PostPosted: 06 Jul 2011, 11:28 

hello ,im a bit desesperate,i got windows 7 64 bits (in french) and i got a lg 3d passive screen with a gts 450 nvidia video card.
i tryed to install the ir emulator but it looks like the emulator create a unknown device instead of the ir.
it is reconised as a hid devise.
USB\VID_045E&PID_0042&REV_4200 and USB\VID_045E&PID_0042
so yea it doesnt install nvidia driver ...
tryed to force install driver by messing the ini but after the instalation the device failed to start. (code10).
i seen there already a answer in the rusian site but the site is in maintenance so i cant access the page.
please help. :(

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next