All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: eye swapping in Nvidia 3d vision
PostPosted: 22 Mar 2014, 04:30 

Hi there,

I have been trying for sometime now to get frame sequential 1080p30hz per eye using a samsung ue40f8000 hdtv and nvidia 580 SLI graphics cards. I have come close, and even bought the 3d vision kit (which I may now return, as I haven't owned it for 7 days - distance selling laws).

I have used various Edid's, and tried the usb emitter emulator on both windows 7 and 8, with no avail (the best I could accomplish was frame sequential using an Edid from a monitor with an inbuilt emitter, but there were issues, and I could only get like 5 fps), and so thought I would at least see if I could get it to work with a physical usb emitter.

I got 3d vision working using the physical emitter, and it did look great, but there was a new annoying problem that I haven't found a way around, which is the fact that every 20 seconds or so the eyes swap. I have tried windows 7 and 8 again, several different edids, and tried disabling each graphics card in the device manager (to test for SLi or card issues), but the problem persists.

Is this a driver issue or a common frame sequential problem, and does anyone know if there is a way around it?

I have been thinking of upgrading to a single graphics card for a while, and might settle for checkerboard with nvidia for the time being, and go ati next time round. Apparently they support 1080p30hz frame packing, and then there is also mantle and value for money on their side too.

Thanks for any help

Dave

Post subject: Re: eye swapping in Nvidia 3d vision
PostPosted: 15 Oct 2015, 16:18 

3D Vision sends the frames inverted, always.

So you will get 3D, you will have to do eye swaps, but you will be unable to use the nV 3D pointer, as its eyes will be reversed from the graphics.

I highly recommend going with a fully certified solution or using something else. Bloody linked an open source software for stereo 3D in another thread. It's not 3D vision, but it might still suit your needs?