All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: using laptop 3d vision panels with PC
PostPosted: 09 Jan 2014, 12:10 

Hi,

How does 3dvision identify compatible monitors? is there any way to hook up a 3dvision compatible laptop panel to a desktop pc? I know this can be done for non-3d monitors, but wondered if you can do the same for 3d.

The reason for this is that I need a small high pixel density screen for a project I am working on, and all the NVidia PC monitors are 24"+, which is too low density. I see there are 17" 3d panels available, but don't know if suitable adaptors are available to run these from a desktop.

Post subject: Re: using laptop 3d vision panels with PC
PostPosted: 09 Jan 2014, 13:12 
Site Admin

You would need an LCD driver board capable of 120Hz and I haven't seen any such widely available, if at all somebody is selling them.

Furthermore you would need to use an EDID override from a 3D Vision-ready display to tell 3D Vision that you have a compatible display attached. The problem here however is that you will most likely get a lot more crosstalk/ghosting with this solution, that is if you manage at all to make something work.

Profile WWW  

Post subject: Re: using laptop 3d vision panels with PC
PostPosted: 09 Jan 2014, 17:44 

I have found lvds to dvi boards with 120hz support up to 1960x1080 from several suppliers, these seem to be made for signage applications. For example http://www.signetfpd.com/AD_boards.htm. Having done a bit more research it seems that 17" panels with eDP are quite easily available at this resolution and framerate, and my understanding is that if NVidia 3dvision supports these panels in a laptop then it should work with a eDP->DP converter, so this seems to be a more straightforward route forward.