All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: Sorround 3x VG278HE and bizlink display port adapter
PostPosted: 08 Jan 2014, 06:26 

Hey all having issues with sorround setup, the monitor that is connected to the bizlink active dual link display port adapter has terrible ghosting kind of hurts the eyes to look at it while other two are fine. I thought if I took a screencap it would should the problem but it doesnt also the 3d screen cap when moved to one of the other two displays looks fine but as soon as its moved to the one connected to the adapter it goes weird. The monitor connected to the adapter is also brighter than my other two screens. Does anyone have this adapter working with 3d sorround? or do I have to cut my losses and buy another brand adapter?

Post subject: Re: Sorround 3x VG278HE and bizlink display port adapter
PostPosted: 08 Jan 2014, 10:07 
Site Admin

The Bizlink adapter is only certified for AMD Eyefinity setups I think, for a 3D Vision Surround Certified adapter, check Club 3D: http://www.club-3d.com/index.php/products/reader.en/product/displayport-to-active-dvi-dual-link-330mhz-stereo-3d-gaming-cable.html

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: 08 Jan 2014, 11:47 

Oh darn it. Dont know if it will help or not but here are a couple of photos of my screen http://s975.photobucket.com/user/blucma ... ion%20caps notice the labels I have given them on the picture with the adapter notice the amount of seperation on the nvidia logo on bottom right of screen then look at the picture of the screen without the adapter big difference the screens without the adapter is what I would call perfect 3d. I saw this post here https://forums.geforce.com/default/topi ... what-can-/ it says if having problems to use an external usb power adapter to power it but it made no difference. Looks like Im $60 out of pocket not happy.

PostPosted: 08 Jan 2014, 13:41 
Site Admin

You should try with an external USB power adapter, just to be sure this is not the cause.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: 09 Jan 2014, 04:14 

Ok strangest thing it is now wroking with the bizlink adapter I will explain:

Three screens left one is furtherest from pc case and is always the one giving trouble and was also the one connected to the bizlink adapter.

The DVI cables I am using all came with the screens so identical. Now first thing I tried was moving screens to see if the monitor was faulty so I swapped the left and middle screens same thing the left screen was not working correctly.
Second thing I did was take a screen shot to see if video card was faulty but as long as I viewed the screenshot on the middle or right screen the picture was fine, as soon as I dragged 3d screenshot to left side screen the picture would distort.

So next thing I tried was swapping cables I swapped the right hand screen dvi cable with the left hand screen same thing 3d image was corrupt :(

Ok gotta be software I thought now I spent best part of the day playing with software driver setting refresh rate resolution 3d vision setup wizard single screens setup, multi seperate screen setup and sorround setup and reinstalling all nvidia software(4 times to be exact :() all to no avail, I also found a post stating with the bizlink adapter sometimes usb port did not provide enough power to run the adapter tried a usb external power adapter but made no difference.

So...... This morning I decieded to try a different screen with the adapter voila perfect 3d cant be the adapter so that has basically ruled everything out, nothing is causing this(yes I did a full virus scan on pc as well) so I kept the right screen connected to the adapter and connected the left hand screen straight to video card. The cable is at full stretch from left hand screen to pc and is the reason I didnt try it earlier(the cable length on the adapter gave the dvi cable a bit of slack)

So now I have a working tripple screen 3d setup working but none the wiser as to why it is now working. perhaps there was tension on the bizlink adapter and that was causing it Thanks for listening and the help cheers