All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: Nvidia 3DTV Play vs 3D Vision for Epson EH-TW9000 Projector
PostPosted: 01 Nov 2013, 23:32 

Hi there guys,

I am thinking of buying a used Epson EH-TW9000 projector to play games on and watch movies on. The projector is capable of 1080p 3D playback, not entirely sure at what refresh rate though. Nvidia used to have a list of supported 3D vision and 3DTV Play Tvs and projectors but I can't seem to find that list anymore so I don't know whether or not it was on the list.

My question is, will 3DTV play or 3D Vision be a better option if I want to play games in stereoscopic 3D at 1080p with a frame rate of at least 30Hz. Is it possible to play at this resolution and frame rate with either of the two technologies?

Just as a note, I used to have a 3D vision enabled laptop which had a built in IR emitter and the original Nvidia 3D vision glasses. Does this mean I can get 3DTV Play free on my new laptop somehow?

Thanks guys :)

Post subject: Re: Nvidia 3DTV Play vs 3D Vision for Epson EH-TW9000 Projec
PostPosted: 26 Nov 2013, 14:37 
Site Admin

The TW9000 is not supported by 3D Vision and the last time I've checked a few months ago it was also not supported by Nvidia's 3DTV Play software either, though this might've changed meanwhile. Unfortunately Nvidia has removed the list of compatible devices with 3DTV Play form their website. If you manage to make it work with 3DTV Play you will be limited to 1080p 24Hz 3D mode (24 fps per eye).

Profile WWW