All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: How to disable"Warning: attempt to run stereoscopic 3D ...
PostPosted: 04 May 2010, 00:10 

Hi,

I have a problem with my configuration.

I have a Toshiba Qosmio f50-10q laptop with 9700 GTS and I bought Acer GD245HQ monitor.

When I bought this monitor I didn't know that there was a "technical limitation with the wires" because I saw that this system is made to use a dual-link DVI cable, but in my laptop I don't have DVI connector only HDMI.

So I bough a HDMI to DVI cable.

And I have used this information: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/7947-force-dvi-hdmi-resolutions-refresh-rates.html in order to activate a resolution in 120hz, I only achieve this resolution with 1280x720 but when I run a 3D stereo application I have this warning and I don't know how I can disable it:

Quote:
Warning: attempt to run Stereoscopic in non-stereo display mode, please change to an acceptable mode. See documentation for acceptable Stereoscopic 3D modes

A screen capture of the error here.

Any idea of how disable this error?

Thanks

Blady

p.d: Sorry for my English I'm from Spain ... :P

Post subject: Re: How to disable"Warning: attempt to run stereoscopic 3D
PostPosted: 04 May 2010, 00:28 
Site Admin

Unfortunately you cannot physically get 120Hz refresh rate over HDMI and that is why you are getting this error, because the display is still trying to show the 3D test image with 60Hz refresh instead of 120Hz...

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: 04 May 2010, 11:36 

Hi, I don't understand your answer.

As i mentioned the 3d vision is ready to use a double link dvi wire.

So usually the laptops no have DVI port only HDMI port(this is it my case).

I don't know if exist but i can't find a HDMI to DVI wire(double link) only simple link. Because of this i have a Bandwidth limitation, so the max resolution with 120 hz refresh that I can activate is 1280x720.

So with this resolution I can play 3d games and view video and image 3d stereo content perfectly with the 3dvision glasses, the only issue is the WARNING that i can't disabled.

In the Acer monitor there is a menu option that you can see the input resolution and refresh and with this menu i can confirm i have 120hz refresh.

Thanks,

Blady

PostPosted: 04 May 2010, 22:45 

I would really like an solution for this, dream solver would look like a shortcut command like ctrl s and it would disappear ...

I have the same problem only I use the Acer 5360 over a 5m hdmi cable and while the 3d is working pefectly I have to watch this silly warning mumbo.

Its not true hdmi doesent support 120hz or nvidia wouldent have listed the acer 5360 as supported for 3d vision. And yes you dont need the vga for the 3d, hdmi is just fine. I even use an cheap old 1.2 hdmi cable and it works.

PostPosted: 04 May 2010, 23:01 
Site Admin

Yes, but the Acer projector is the only one that supports it and that is because it uses 720p resolution. You cannot get native resolution of the 120Hz LCD displays over HDMI unfortunately - 1680x1050 or 1920x1080. Today I've tried to get Samsung 2233RZ to work with an HDMI to DVI cable at 100/120Hz, the monitor seemed to accept the custom mode, but the screen remained black.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: 06 May 2010, 19:31 

Quote:
In the Acer monitor there is a menu option that you can see the input resolution and refresh and with this menu i can confirm i have 120hz refresh.

does this really exist? i'm wandering if the control panel refresh rate is always the real one, because a really can't see the difference between 60-120Hz...

if you say that ther's also a menu option on the screen than it would indicate the real refresh rate...i hope...

PostPosted: 08 May 2010, 01:23 

Hi,

You are right if you only watch the deskop there is not really a big diference 60 or 120hz, althought for me there it's a diference, But when you want to use 3dvision 60hz or 120hz it's A BIG DIFERENCE at 60hz 3dvision is unusable but at 120 hz all work fine ... only problem i have the warning ...

Here a photo about the mentioned menu sorry for quality made with phone ....

Thanks

blady

PostPosted: 08 May 2010, 19:33 

Quote:
But when you want to use 3dvision 60hz or 120hz it's A BIG DIFERENCE at 60hz 3dvision is unusable but at 120 hz all work fine

Did you try that in a dark room? i did...i can't notice any difference...

if someone manages the frequency for me, without let me know his choise, i think i won't be able to say if it's working 60 or 120 Hz...

maybe my sensibility sucks... :lol:

PostPosted: 26 Dec 2010, 01:49 

I have too this problem, so I have a question: are you able to watch 3D Movies, 3D Photos and Play 3D Games only you have a red warning in bottom of screen ? Or you can´t Watch / Play because there is this warning ? Thanks for answer and too sory for my English :-D

PostPosted: 03 Jan 2011, 18:05 

Hi, Yes I Can Play 3d games or use Dolphin(wii games on 3d) or watch 3D Content only I have this warning at the Botton. And I used a wired HDMI to DVI .

Sorry for my "bad "English too I'm from Spain ...

Thanks,

blady