All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: Warning and fix for VGA DLP 3D PRojectors..
PostPosted: 22 Aug 2013, 10:45 

Hey All,

I am here to Warn anybody and hopefully we can get the word out and whomever is responsible for this oversight can possibly correct this Problem..

I had ordered 3 used Acer X1261P NVidia Certified DLP 3D PRojectors and found out the hard was that it is IMPOSSIBLE to Connect to a 6xx series and newer Video cards by Any Manufacturer..

The Problem is the newer video cards been replacing the DVI-I with a DVI-D connector.. The "I" designation makes it BOTH Analog and digital.. The "D" Designation is Digital and if you know anything about this you can NOT USe a Digital signal into an analog one..

Well you say why not use a adapter Sorry they do NOT work. well you say why not use an Active Converter one small problem with that as well is ALL the Converters I found ONLY Pass 60hz and as we all know 3D needs 120hz..

So there is ONLY 2 Solutions and here they are:

1. With the newer 6xx, 7xx series card is to TRI SLI..
2. Use an older 5xx series or below card ie,, 590GTX or 2 580GTX. they have the required ports still

Now I do NOT know who is responsible for this but I can ONLY think NVidia is Totally responsible for this Oversight.. I know they have to Certify all the 3D Equipment and I am unsre how they expect people to connect these VGA (Analog PRojectors with Digital Outputs??

So this is a warning and the Fix for the Analog Projectors.. IF you need any clarification Please post here and I can give you the Facts which all I can currently think of are here..

The NVidia configuration wizard is WRONG.. IT stated I could use the DVI ports and the Display port which the 1 DVI port is impossible to connect too..

I wish I could have 10 minutes with the Head Guy who certifies all the equipment and show them this oversight..

Post subject: Re: Warning and fix for VGA DLP 3D PRojectors..
PostPosted: 03 Sep 2013, 18:54 

I have a GT640 and it has the analogue connector on it. Mine states the DVI connectors are DVI-D only.

PostPosted: 06 Sep 2013, 20:25 

mvigs wrote:
I have a GT640 and it has the analogue connector on it. Mine states the DVI connectors are DVI-D only.

Exactly. So what would you do if you wanted to hook up 3 projectors on these?

PostPosted: 05 Jan 2014, 15:38 

Hi, i have Acer x110 3D projector ( driver inf Acer 5360 3D) and Nvidia FX 1700 quadro 2x Dvi. 3D games and 3D movies is ok ! 3d vision ready !

I buy nvidia Gt 630 1Gb DDR5 Pci 3.0 nvidia driver 331.82 and my analog projector Acer x110 3D with acer 5360 inf is not 3d vision ready ! Why is not 3d vision ready with Gt 630 ? I try to connect on vga and dvi but not work.

PostPosted: 05 Jan 2014, 22:08 

ok, solution ! My monitor Benq analog, i connect on vga d-sub connector, my projector Acer x110 i connect to dvi analog connector. I go to Device manager- monitor, and there are 2 device, pnp monitor and non pnp monitor. One by one i update driver with acer 5360 inf driver. Now i have 2 monitor Acer 5360. Go to screen resolution and set duplicate display. Go to nvidia control panel and see 3d vision ready on stereoscopic setup. If you want to play games 3D or movie 3D on stereoscopic player, set the resolution 1280x720 and monitor 120 hz. The monitor is out of range and the projector is redy to 3D.

There is a stupid solution but it work.