All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: Acer X1261P 3D surround connection troubles...
PostPosted: 20 Aug 2013, 13:18 

Hey All,
'
I am in a state of confusion and my head is hurting now.. I been at this all weekend with minimal sleep trying to figure this out..

Now My Problem is I am in the process of buying 3 Acer X1261P DLP Projectors and I am trying to figure out how to hook these up and have 3D surround..

Now I checked nVidia and their guide but for 1 video card they state to use the DVI-I, DVI-D and Display Port connections, Well with this VGA Projector this is impossible..

They do NOT make a DVI-D to VGA Converter that passes a 120hz signal. And the Display port to VGA Connectors don't either..

I am stuck so I thought fine add another Video card but that ran into a snafu as well, I checked and they do make a Display port Converter that passes a 120hz signal and is rated for 3D but the input is a DVI-D Connector and that is NOT going to work with a VGA Output..

Now I am here to get some help on How to Connect 3 Acer X1261P's to a eVGA 660GTX Video card.. According to the 3D Vidion configurator it looks easy but from real world experience I see that it is Impossible to do..

Now PLEASE Don't tell me I need 3 video cards or I am going to choke on my well I would be very displeased..

I tried Contacting Acer but I can NOT as you need to use a Valid Serial number that is STILL UINDER Warranty which these projectors are bought used.. so No Hwlp there..

Please Help me out with this perplexing Analog & Digital mess..

Post subject: Re: Acer X1261P 3D surround connection troubles...
PostPosted: 21 Aug 2013, 03:30 

OK I think I am starting to cook with fire now..

I figured out a workaround sort of but first I would like to confirm the DVI Connectors on a 500 series NVidia card.. Do they have 2 DVI-I Dual Link Connectors on the 5xx series cards or for that matter any series card above 400??

Thnx and I appreciate your help..

Post subject: Re: Acer X1261P 3D surround connection troubles...
PostPosted: 21 Aug 2013, 03:59 

TheNephilim wrote:
OK I think I am starting to cook with fire now..

I figured out a workaround sort of but first I would like to confirm the DVI Connectors on a 500 series NVidia card.. Do they have 2 DVI-I Dual Link Connectors on the 5xx series cards or for that matter any series card above 400??

Thnx and I appreciate your help..

EDIT I found out and YES they do thnx guys I found my workaround..