All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: Anyway to swap left and right images when I use Nvidia 3D vi
PostPosted: 04 Aug 2013, 10:12 

As any of you who have been using Nvidia 3D vision 2 know, there is no readily intuitive way of swapping the right-left images when necessary other than wearing the glassed upside-down. I've looked for an answer to this all over, and Nvidia seems rather intent on ignoring the issue and refusing to design the switching capability.

Well, this just so happens to to be the wonderful world of the PC, which means mods are aplenty, open-source is every geek on a budget's dream, and lots of people having the same issues, some of which solve those issues.

So without further ado, does anyone know of anything, a mod, an open-source program, I'll even open the glasses up and look at the circuit board and re-solder something if I have too to find anyway whatsoever to give myself a workable switch to swap the left-right stereoscopic images.

To let you all know, I just ordered a VG278HE monitor tonight for $380 on Buy.com because apparently it's one of the only 27" 3D monitors on the Nvidia 3D ready Monitor list. It's one of 3, according to Nvidia, and one was from Acer and nearly $600, while the other was the H model of the one I bought, and it comes with glasses and a built-in emitter, I think, but doesn't have the 144hz refresh rate. Can't wait to see that in action.

Anyhow, now I'm going to buy the Nvidia 3D Vision 2 kit for $129, however, I know from past experience with a BenQ 2420TX that I later returned after I decided that I wanted a 27" if I was going to be paying that much, that Nvidia doesn't have the right-left swapping switch. I needed it for the brief time I had that BenQ monitor, but nowhere could I find that.

Now, I was hoping that there was another way to sort of force the switch without having to flip the glasses upside down. If I have to flip the glasses, I'm just going to get a file with a convex shape and file a nice little notch in the middle-top, if I can without destroying circuitry/wires.