All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: S23A700D and 3D Vision
PostPosted: 26 Nov 2012, 21:19 

So I am told to "use the older drivers" and a compatible EDID, and things will work out. I also have a Samsung 2233rz, which is on another computer, but I have the 3D vision glasses and uh, pyramid thing, all connected to this PC and working.

I have a number of questions with regards to this. What is meant by "older drivers"? Which ones? I was told 285.62, and yes, I am able to get 3D Vision working with those old drivers and a compatible EDID. However, does it mean I am stuck with the dismal 3D Performance of those drivers? Can I use just the old version for the 3D Vision driver? Is there a way to install the old 3D Vision drivers with the new graphics drivers?

If not, we need patched drivers, this is insane.

Thanks for answering, I am going nuts here.

Post subject: Re: S23A700D and 3D Vision
PostPosted: 31 Aug 2013, 12:05 

I think these are the drivers that allow you to install newer drivers on top of them and still work with any monitor.

I think you have to modify the EDID first to that model (ASUS VG236H), then install these drivers.

http://www.asus.com/Monitors_Projectors ... ownload_30

Last edited by Horrux on 05 Nov 2013, 10:52, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 05 Nov 2013, 07:00 

When trying to install the installer provided on 4shared I get an error that it can't find compatible hardware. I'm running Windows 8.0 with a GeForce 650 TI.

PostPosted: 05 Nov 2013, 10:51 

Alisam wrote:
When trying to install the installer provided on 4shared I get an error that it can't find compatible hardware. I'm running Windows 8.0 with a GeForce 650 TI.

There is no 4shared link on this topic, but did you change the EDID (ASUS VG236H) to match the monitor driver you are attempting to install? You need to do that first, because windows won't let you install those drivers if it doesn't believe you have the correct monitor. It's easy, run a search on this forum. Changing the EDID is done by "update driver" on your monitor inside of the device manager, and then going the "I'm going to choose the file myself" route, and you pick the correct EDID, which you will have previously downloaded off this forum.