All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: Hybrid Lightboost Solutions Perhaps?
PostPosted: 05 Jul 2012, 11:08 

I enjoy my three 27 inch HN274H Acers just fine and with the help of WSGF forums play just about all of my games in Epic Surround heavenly satisfaction.
I could live with the brightness as is onscreen. However, I do not see LED keyboards ( particularly red matching my scheme ) trending towards super brite anytime soon. ( was considering modding my keyboard after testing my keys with individual 3mm LED was perfect! about as bright with 3dvision as without glasses with the default LEDs )
The knee jerk reaction towards LED keyboards in general lately is to play the "gimmick rage card" as if the only reason for as much was immature vegas light show glitz fer nerds.

( Closer now to 50 than 40 it is at least comforting to know what is in store for some of those healthy young eyes soon enough. Where with age, and the beginnings of confusing senility... the gamer who was not a secretary all their lives appreciate LED keys for the absolute functionality they provide )

Even if my other hopeful solution work...
I just might go ahead with the mod anyway.

However, lately I have been wondering if it would be possible to replace my center monitor with a new Lightboost Acer keeping the peripheral monitors intact at a considerable saving and still REAP 90% of the Lightboost effect? Afterall the outer monitor peripheral effect works as an impression anyway? ( With the new Starcraft fix I can see that is not always true. where in Starcrafts all 3 monitors are taken in at full detail depending on detail interest )

I am hoping that in such instances there might still be an unnoticable penalty ( after all my fingers r crossed )

But then again I do not even know if such a mix-match hybrid surroung system is even do-"able"????

Anyone have the resources laying around to try? Or point me to the golden link of as much attempted already??

Finally...
ABout the time lightboost glasses first appeared, I remember reading that even without a lightboost monitor that the added area of the new glasses provided a measure of brightening advantage!
Can anyone confirm or dismiss that finding on a 1rst gen 3d monitor?

Thanks fer any insight.

Post subject: Re: Hybrid Lightboost Solutions Perhaps?
PostPosted: 05 Jul 2012, 12:48 
Site Admin

I don;t think it will be possible to properly use a single Lightboost capable display with two older models that don't support Lightboost, the reason for that is that the glasses also sync differently when being used with a Lightboost 3D display as compared to when used with a non 3D Lightbost model. Still I need to try this and see how it will work out... ;)

As for the newer glasses, they have slightly bigger lenses, so this allows more light to pass, however the visual difference is so minor that you may not notice it at all...

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: 06 Jul 2012, 05:44 

Thanks for the quick reply Bloody.

I just assumed 60 Hz per eye would shutter "open" longer per freq therefore the older monitors would simply oscillate within that length?
But I have no clue how monitor frequency technology works and just made a completly uneducated assumption.

However, if you r going to play with the idea anyway to see how a hybrid lightboost surround system behaves...
I am wondering if choosing between different frequencies might dial in a sync ( might 110Hz behave better or worse than 120? visa versa? )
And of course a firsthand report of positive or negative findings would be greatly appreciated!

As for the added area of a Lightboost glasses lens...
Even if 3d monitor brightening is hardly noticeable is it at least any easier to recognize LED keyboard buttons in a darkroom?

PostPosted: 18 Jul 2012, 13:48 
Site Admin

Did some testing: http://3dvision-blog.com/8094-mixing-different-3d-monitors-for-a-3d-vision-surround-setup/

Profile WWW