All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: PG278Q 3D issues-is this basically the pits for 3D imaging?
PostPosted: 23 Mar 2015, 08:34 

So far, the monitor is great, but when I go to test out the 3D I run into a myriad of problems. In SLI with my 2x 980s, the screen just looks awful...I don't know if I can describe it, but it feels awful. Switching off the SLI, the 3D is infinitely better, bearable in fact, except for a very significant ghosting, especially in higher contrast, but even on a set of red sheets it was pretty bad.

I don't remember those problems on my VG278. Is it something to do with the IR emitter? Just never going to work combination of tech? So far it doesn't seem like Nvidia or Asus are interested in addressing this concern...at this point an acknowledgement would go a long ways with me...but, as I still have the ability to return it...I'm hoping something else can take its place. I'm wondering if g-sync, which doesn't work yet with 3D anyway, is probably not worth it for someone who wants to go 3D whenever possible.

What's the best 120-144Hz, 3D Vision capable screen without G-Sync? Anything around the corner. Would be fine with 2k or 4k.

Thank you.