All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: 3D Film Projection Setup HELP!!
PostPosted: 24 Jul 2013, 19:59 

I've been wanting to create a 3d home projection system, but I didn't want to have to purchase a second projector and have to worry about other problems like two computers. I found this on wikipedia,

"Optical attachments can be added to traditional 35mm projectors to adapt them for projecting film in the "over-and-under" format, in which each pair of images is stacked within one frame of film. The two images are projected through different polarizers and superimposed on the screen. This is a very cost-effective way to convert a theater for 3-D as all that is needed are the attachments and a non-depolarizing screen surface, rather than a conversion to digital 3-D projection. Thomson Technicolor currently produces an adapter of this type.[59] A metallic screen is necessary for these systems as reflection from non-metallic surfaces destroys the polarization of the light."

I was wondering if this was talking about a lens attachment for two projectors, or just one. So i'm basically wondering if it is possible to use the top and bottom or side by side method to project a 3D film using one 2D projector for polarized glasses.

Post subject: Re: 3D Film Projection Setup HELP!!
PostPosted: 28 Jul 2013, 12:30 

Yes, but the resolution will be cut by half or more depending on the aspect of the stereoscopic content.
It is better to use frame sequential method and LCD shutter attached to the lens of the projector.