All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: Re: Handheld rig with NEX-5's
PostPosted: 12 Jan 2012, 03:20 

I have not yet, I'll get back to you when I put it back together. I just finished stitching together my first few photos around the house. I wanted to share them here because they are totally a first try. Once I get some better shots around DC I'll upload them to the stereo photo section.

PS I cannot seem to upload files with MPO extension. I changed the extension to jpg. If you DL and change back to MPO you should be able to see the 3d.

Attachments:
File comment: First shot on a table top tripod
FirstNEXPictures3D 008(resize).jpg [465.94 KiB]
Not downloaded yet
File comment: Hand held shot of our hookah
FirstNEXPictures3D 009.jpg [621.38 KiB]
Not downloaded yet
File comment: Playing with a very scaled down animated gif and adjusted left right positioning to put the hookah in the center
FirstNEXPictures3D 009(adjusted small).gif [98.61 KiB]
Not downloaded yet

PostPosted: 12 Jan 2012, 04:20 

To answer your earlier question I measured 5 inches between lens centers. That is about double that of the average eye but I haven't seen too much of a problem with the first set of images. Anything closer than about 3 feet is overly spaced in the resulting images but anything past that is just fine.

I did read an article mentioning that images with more interaxial distance than normal causes the scene to look like a miniature version of the real thing. I have noticed this effect slightly but it is only noticeable if you are looking for it.

Any advice for an FNG stereo photographer?

PostPosted: 12 Jan 2012, 17:01 

A bit of a downer, I found out that the NEX-3 does not have an IR sensor for the remote like the NEX-5 has. I guess I'll be doing all of the shots by hand. My initial results have been satisfactory so I'm not too concerned I guess it's just a bit of buyers remorse.

PostPosted: 12 Jan 2012, 17:11 
Site Admin

For capturing stationary objects in 3D this should not be much of a problem (at least for 3D photos), but for moving objects it will be hard to shoot by hand with both cameras and properly syncing 3D video like that is pretty much out of the question...

Profile WWW  

Post subject: Re: Handheld rig with NEX-5's-Co Van Ekerens last project
PostPosted: 08 Mar 2012, 11:47 

Co Van Ekerens last twinning- work was Sony Nex.
We just learned that he passed away-we are very sad.

http://world-of-3d.com/3d-igital-equipm ... index.html

I have great hopes that the new square-shaped samsung-system will have 3dstereo. check dpreview for an image.
samsung could use a square-sensor 24x24mm. 60mm SB could be achieved.

Meanwile i use SDM-cameras.
Photos: SDM is used
3d-Videos also SDM is used but:
to get min. Stereobase one can mount cam behind the other. isnt it called flipped?
i can get 52mm SB then but without the cables only since the plugs are on the"wrong" side.
No problem, one can easily start videos with two-finger method with two-steps-method.
Every SDM-Cam should have these two steps.
Use the 30cm Stereobar called linkstar PBC-30D from dealextereme.
here is the same from page 1 here.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004HK ... K1DEQYNJIS
i think there is a smaller one too.
I cold mount my cams vertically and get 55mm SB. There will be a 3dmediaplayer-ipad or similarly called viewer which can be flipped from horizontal to vertical.
Best would be a squared-screen....
Mount it on a flash-bar and have handles
---
Best solution at the moment are two S95. There is a macrobox by digi-dat.de to get smallest Stereobases.

-----

people of photo3d-yahoo-tech groups are about to twin two sony nex 5 or 5n-van ekerens project.