All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: Some Direction Please
PostPosted: 09 Oct 2013, 22:03 

Hi. I am new at this and I'm interested in something that I don't think is stereoscopic 3d exactly, but it seems related. I just don't know the terms for it and because of that reason I have come up with nothing when searching online. Pardon me for my ignorance on the subject. I'm doing some research and I could sure use a point in the right direction.

What I want to try to do is place two video cameras in front of and to either side of a subject, like a human face. I would like to render one video from both cameras that will essentially make it appear as though there were only one camera directly in front of the subject. The process I suppose is that the two videos would be stitched or rendered into one video, kind of like a reverse panorama type of thing - it would create an video taken from a virtual angle, as it were. Maybe there's software out there for this. I'm not looking for a 3d video as a result, just a single video that has been created using a process like this. The photo I've uploaded kind of gets at what I'm trying to research.

Any suggestions as to where I start looking, or terminology for this type of video? Thanks a lot.

Attachments:
video-example.png [29.33 KiB]
Not downloaded yet

Post subject: Re: Some Direction Please
PostPosted: 10 Oct 2013, 17:36 

depends the result you a re looking for and what purpose it is.
you can treat it like a panorama and get both picture stitched to get one.
like this
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRyyaGXHZy_qH3SnDcwKy0WLTg5ghNEs1tRRGSu4FsjqkDY_9CrCQ

it is often used for mapping skin in 3d programs