All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: New to 3D. VirtualDub and AVISynth usage?
PostPosted: 07 May 2013, 15:59 

Hi All
I have a few questions but first an introduction. I am just getting into the world of 3D and I am very intrigued by the entire subject so I want to "Experiment" for a while. I am going to build a 3D cinema later in the year when I have the cash to make it happen, but in the meantime I want to learn some things. I have a lot of software already in my tool bag and have experimented with Anaglyph 2D to 3D conversion (Red/Cyan) and it is a terrible way to go. I understand ColorCode looks better and I have ordered some glasses to play with. None of the converters support the ColorCode format. I know it all has limitations but I want to see what I can get away with until my true theater becomes reality.

So I have now gotten VirtualDub and AVISynth so I can actually try to do some experimental work to help my understanding. Questions? All to many really but lets use the KISS format for this one... :?:

1. Where can I find a decent tutorial for VDub/AVISynth? I have found some but they don't really apply to the 3D world and scripting. I am perhaps not searching the right places.

2. Where can I find the best scripts and learn why and how they work.

3. If I convert a 2d to 3d should I do a side by side conversion and then convert to Anaglyph Colorcode?

I am really just trying to learn how and what to do to for the best results so I can enjoy 3D, learn and watch some movies.

Post subject: Re: New to 3D. VirtualDub and AVISynth usage?
PostPosted: 09 May 2013, 16:42 

Anybody? I need a little help please. I know NOTHING about this. A guide for dummies perhaps. More confused now than earlier.

PostPosted: 09 May 2013, 20:27 

since it is always the same thing from the start to the end, you can go the way you want.
The start is to get a stereoscopic picture. It means a full picture for left and right eye.
Then end is to get a full picture for left and right eye.
There are many ways to store this and to to process it and to display it. This all depends of what equipement you get.
to capture sterescopic you can use one camera, two cameras.
you can use special lenses, regular cameras mounted side by side, use a semitransparent mirror.
to store the pictures, you can use separate streams, a single movie including each side.
The single movie can use side by side, top-bottom arrangement, interlaced lines or frames, it can use full resolution or compressed.
To edit you can find programs allowing the use of some of these formats.
To play you can use a blu-ray or a PC , or a media player.
To display, you can use colored ,polarized or shutter glasses.

Obviously , the best method is the one that requires the less conversion possible.
That is why some people like to shoot with separate movie so they can edit the usual way like a normal movie.
Some other like to have the mininum work (no need to sync/align the shots ) and choose a camera giving only one file in 3D MVC.

PostPosted: 09 May 2013, 20:41 

for displaying the result, again the best way is the one requiring the less equipement possible.
Today you can play 3D from a blu-ray disc on a blu-ray player connected to a video projector, with a normal screen and shutter glasses.
It is not the best way to do , but it is the easiest and the cheapest for small audience.
You can choose to use 2 projectors or polarized glass and a silver screen. anything is possible.
You have to think about your workflow and the way you want to work, and the goal you have set.
you can always change your mind , but it will require more work, more time and more money.

A quick, easy, and cheap path for 3D is the following.

you shoot 3D with a 3D camera shooting in MVC format (at 24p) , the NX3D1 is a nice small camera for this. another one is the Panasonic Z10000.
You edit the movie with Magix Pro X4 (or X5)
You output the result to a 3D blu-ray
You play with a regular 3D blu-ray player on a 3D projector (like the Panasonic PT-AE8000) using standard screen and
shutter glasses (The Youniversal glasses from XPAND are compatibles and cheap)

When you need to go to a better picture, you can upgrade to a better camera, or a 3D rig with 2 high end cameras.

PostPosted: 09 May 2013, 20:43 

and if you need a better display you can go with 2 projectors and dolby (or omega) glasses or a high end projector with a lcd shutter etc...

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2013, 08:16 

You can choose to use 2 projectors or polarized glass and a silver screen. anything is possible.
You have to think about your workflow and the way you want to work, and the goal you have set.
you can always change your mind , but it will require more work, more time and more money.

http://www.sydneyleather.com.au/leather-jackets here .Limited time offer Up to 75% off on all leather items for buying visit our site jackets | leather jackets,leather coats,| sydneyleather limited time offer.