All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: Help with 3D setup
PostPosted: 21 Nov 2012, 13:54 

Hi,
I have just built a 3D pc ( amd quad core pc with and AMD graphics card 6670). I have installed powerdvd11 and a trial version of Stereoscopic player. I have a pioneeer vsk 521-k home theatre amplifier and, connected it to an Acer projector X1320WH 3d ready projector (DLP link). Tested with powerdvd bluray 3d advisor and all "OK". The HTPC is connected to the amplifier with HDMI 1.4a and the amplifier to the projector also via HDMI

So far no luck with 3D.
I can see my amplifier when i check the desktop displays but unable to see the projector. If is connected directly I then see the projector. The amplifier has 3D and ARC.
Powerdvd will not play any 3D bluray or 3Dfile in 3d but plays in 2d. I have changed it to different type of settings and still unable to get 3D playback.
When i have tried to set the display properties to 1280 x 800 (native resolution) and 120hz, the projector goes blank for a minute before switching back to 1024 x 768 (60hz) and will not accept the native resolution.

Stereoscopic player states unable to play this file exception c0000006.

Any help to get 3d playback will be greatly appreciated.

Post subject: Re: Help with 3D setup
PostPosted: 22 Jan 2013, 15:24 
Site Admin

The problem is that this projector does not support HDMI 1.4 3D, it requires you to send the 3D video data in frame sequential format.

With the stereoscopic 3D player you can try to use the software pageflipping output mode to see if it will work.

Unfortunately Blu-ray 3D software players do not have support for direct frame sequential output, they do support Nvidia's 3D Vision implementation relying on frame sequential though. But since you are using and AMD-based video card it is not an option to go and try making your 3D DLP projector act like a 3D Vision-ready one by using an EDID override.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2013, 03:39 

1280x800 is your native 2D resolution. If you were to look in your owners manual under supported resolutions and refresh rates, you'd see that the highest supported 120Hz resolution os 1024x768.

I have the same problem with my projector. I use CRU Utility to create 1280x720, 1280x800 and 1366x768 120Hz profiles. I recommend setting 1280x720 as the first resolution, this will be seen as your native resolution. 1280x720 is a 16:9 format and is the resolution that most players look for before enabling. I use this for TriDef stereoscopic gaming and have no idea if it will work with stereoscopic player. GL

PostPosted: 29 Jul 2013, 04:26 

Hi,
Thanks for all the help.
I now have 3D working directly via the graphics card to the projector. Works like a charm. Using powerdvd11.

Two problems.
When I connect the projector via the AV receiver, I lose 3D. I have tried to EDID override by modifying the 'inf' file, but it will not work. Don't know where I'm going wrong?
Uploaded the 'inf' files, called projector when connected directly, receiver when connected to the projector via the receiver and, last the hacked version called projectorA.

The other problem is with SBS files. If these files on the same pc as powerdvd, powerdvd will play them as 3D. If they are on the network, the same files powerdvd will play them but not as 3D but, side by side.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Attachments:
Projector A.inf [3.66 KiB]
Downloaded 222 times
Projector.inf [3.01 KiB]
Downloaded 211 times
Receiver.inf [3.01 KiB]
Downloaded 243 times