All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: Settings 3D player
PostPosted: 04 Aug 2012, 12:58 

Hi,

My computer is due for a new install of Windows 7. I remembered that it wasn't a-walk-in-the-park to get my 3D player to work like it's doin' now with subtitles.
But I really want to do a new fresh install of my O.S. Is there a way to save my settings of my nVidia 3D player?

Cheers,

Gilbert.

Post subject: Re: Settings 3D player
PostPosted: 04 Aug 2012, 19:35 
Site Admin

The settings for the player are stored in the registry, you can find them under:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\NVIDIA Corporation\NVIDIA 3D Vision Video Player]

Exporting and then importing the data in the new installation should work, however have in mind that you need to have the extra codecs installed before importing the registry settings for the player...

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: 05 Aug 2012, 12:37 

Bloody wrote:
The settings for the player are stored in the registry, you can find them under:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\NVIDIA Corporation\NVIDIA 3D Vision Video Player]

Exporting and then importing the data in the new installation should work, however have in mind that you need to have the extra codecs installed before importing the registry settings for the player...

Thanks Bloody for your tip, now I can do my new install of my O.S. knowing I can still watch 3D when it's done. Because that was one of the main reason I still did not do it. :D
Which extra codecs do you mean by-the-way??

PostPosted: 05 Aug 2012, 17:46 
Site Admin

Any extra codecs you have currently installed and set to be used for specific files in the player, this is also saved in the settings of the player, so with the fresh install if you don't have the codecs installed before you import current settings of the player it will not work. For example you'd need ffdshow if you've setup the player to use the ffdshow subtitles filter to see subtitles in 3D...

Profile WWW