All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: VGA cable problem
PostPosted: 25 Jun 2012, 09:13 

Hi everyone

I have a weird experience with VGA cables. I need at least 3m to my projector, problem is that neither the 3m nor 5m connections i tried can recognize the projector (PC claims it would be standard vga) - when i use an old 1,8m it comes immediatly up with the right projector and everything works fine (3D and 2D).

When i use the 5m i can chose between WXGA at 120Hz and 16bit colors or 60Hz with 32bit. Can´t have both. When i make a custom profile for the native resolution/settings of the projector, the picture gets "squeezed" - and no 3d even though it is set to120Hz and the right output in the driver (comes up with generic dlp projector).

When i use the 1,8m everthying works fine out of the box - no need for hassling around with profiles or whatsoever, as the projector is recognized correctly. Any ideas?

My question is: Do i have faulty cables (3m and 5m) - or is this standard behaviour?

Post subject: Re: VGA cable problem
PostPosted: 25 Jun 2012, 17:33 
Site Admin

Probably low quality cables that cannot sustain good signal over the longer distance.

With good quality shielded cables there should be no problems, but finding such that would work fine could be an issue.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: 26 Jun 2012, 14:50 

Thanks for the reply, bloody!

hm, i figured it could be this and rather ask what cables you guys are using before buying some rather expensive cable just to find out that it doesn´t do the trick either. ;)

however, i think i should post a mini-review on the benq w710st on the 2d projectors forum - just to share some first impressions for people who are interested. :)

i just have to get it working now with a vga-connection as well and then all is well. :)

EDIT: Works now with a 3m cable from the same type/manufacturer - but not with the 5m. Well, at least it works now without having to buy some goldplated highend cables. ;)

PostPosted: 03 Jul 2012, 07:52 

Solved. Thanks.

Profile WWW