All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: Help me choose 3d monitor and graphic card for my new build
PostPosted: 25 Feb 2012, 17:04 

Hii guys,
Iam buying a new custom gaming pc next month i have two builds in my mind please help me choose a build
Build 1: Gtx 580 sli and Asus vg278h 3d monitor
or
Build 2: Ati 7970 CrossfireX and Samsung s27a950d 3d monitor

I have waited for around 1 year to buy a gaming pc how does samsung s27a950d stack up with asus vg278h.
Nvidia recently said that gk 104 graphic cards will be released during april so i think gk 110 models like gtx 660ti, 670 and 680 will be delayed. I dont want to wait more than this so im getting either build 1 or build 2 so tell me which is better ati 7970 is really powerful than gtx 580 , 7970 has better overclocking and advanced features like dx 11.1 support, 4k res support which is future proof and improved tessalation, less power consumption.
However asus vg278h is really good monitor from many reveiws and nvidia has better driver support .
So what build do you suggest me.
Build 1 or Build 2?
Why?
Thanks in advance

Post subject: Re: Help me choose 3d monitor and graphic card for my new bu
PostPosted: 25 Feb 2012, 18:57 
Site Admin

The problem with the new Radeon HD 7970 is that CrossifreX support in stereo 3D mode as well as Eyefinity 3D support has been recently introduced and AMD still has to catch up with the drivers to support these on the new hardware, so it is quite possible that you can face issues for a while if you choose to got the AMD road. So I'd recommend in this case to get a single 7970 and wait a bit more until you get a second one and AMD gets things worked out in their video drivers... On the other hand Nvidia has been supporting SLI in stereo 3D mode for quite a while, although they still have some things to get worked out.

Other than that the two monitors probably provide pretty much the same level of experience and results in stereo 3D mode, so it is don't to the software and support you get. For AMD you will also need to get the iZ3D or the TriDef 3D software as well, because there are just a few games supporting AMD's HD3D technology natively. iZ3D has been idle for quite a while not releasing driver updates for moths, so you better consider going for DDD TriDef 3D (it should be bundled with the monitor). Nvidia's 3D Vision is easier to work with, although the TriDef 3D can be considered to offer more features and control in the user's hand, but you need to learn how to use them.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: 25 Feb 2012, 19:44 

u said nvidia 3d control panel is user friendly than tri def but anyway i might get used to it.
But how does nvidia 3d vision stack up with tri def,
on what 3d software games look better on 3d . I also own a ps3 generaly ps3 games are on 3d right out of the box but why pc games are not like that.
which software introduces 3d support support for games soon nvidia 3d vision or tri def.
For eg battlefield 3 took sometime to get 3d support for amd while on nvidia the game was on 3d right out of the box . Does this happen for every game

PostPosted: 25 Feb 2012, 20:24 
Site Admin

Nvidia is ahead with getting more games being 3D ready for 3D Vision as compared to AMD. 3D Vision and TriDef 3D are pretty close in terms of supported games, although thy may work differently with different games in stereo 3D mode. Some games work better with 3D Vision and others may work better with TriDef 3D. Both Nvidia and DDD release new game profiles quite often, but the stereo 3D user community that Nvidia has formed around 3D Vision is bigger and this can help with things that are not working perfect outside of the the box and with PC games it is more common than you get with optimized for stereo 3D games on the PS3.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: 26 Feb 2012, 06:16 

Game Developers are lazy thats the main reason , most of the pc games are console ports thats why i think 3d is not working right out of the box.
By the way can i wear 3d glasses over my prescription glasses.
Any glass free 3d monitor or quad hd 3d monitor has been introduced this ces 2012
If yes give me the link

PostPosted: 26 Feb 2012, 06:19 

Also tell me the samsung s27a950d calibrated settings for 2d as well as 3d

PostPosted: 26 Feb 2012, 11:22 
Site Admin

Yes, most 3D glasses are designed so that they can be worn over prescription glasses.

It is a bit early for really good autostereoscopic 3D displays or higher resolution 3D ones, maybe in another year or two...

Profile WWW