All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: Re: Loreo 3D lens for DSLRs
PostPosted: 11 Apr 2012, 08:20 

Hi kitarolivier!
I could not see any pictures you've posted and I couldn't create an account on glowfoto.com either.
What software do you find efficient for anaglyph conversion?

PostPosted: 11 Apr 2012, 17:50 

zuluafonu wrote:
Hi kitarolivier!
I could not see any pictures you've posted and I couldn't create an account on glowfoto.com either.
What software do you find efficient for anaglyph conversion?

1. It seems that the pictures have been removed (not viewed for a long time ?). I'll try to post others somewhere else.
2. My favorite software for stereo conversion is free : http://stereo.jpn.org/eng/index.html and check for photo stereo maker.

The loreo adapter is very bad. For my canon 550D, I have to be far for the subject (for someone's head, 2-3 meters), and the greatest disavantage is that the pictures are portrait. The fuji 3D frame viewer, the 3D TVs, the NVIDIA 3D Vision are all landscapes. It means that you need to crop your picture if you want them full screen, or you'll get black bands on the left & right borders.
In more, the mirros and the lens are plastic, which will give blurry washed color pictures.
If you don't need to capture moving objects/people, consider using the method to take 2 pictures moving your camera. It will give better results, and for landscapes, you can increase the stereo separation and give a better effect of the deep.

Hope it will help you.

PostPosted: 12 Apr 2012, 00:45 

Thank you kitarolivier for your very detailed response. I would really appreciate if you could upload your pictures somewhere so that I can see them. I'm interested in photographing people, sometimes in action, so a double camera setup or a few seconds between the shots is out of the question. Does the Loreo 3D come with a red-cyan anaglyph alignement software?

Thanks!

PostPosted: 29 Jul 2012, 17:39 

Check out some of my 3D productions with the Loreo 9005 on http://www.3dhdr.nl/
You will need a Loreo Pixi Viewer or another suitable 3D stereo viewer.
I just started using the lense and I am pretty excited. I feel like I'm looking at film through a viewmaster!

jeanyes wrote:
Does anyone here have experience with using this lens for creating 3D pictures/videos using a DSLR which are playable on a modern 3D TV or Nvidia's Vision glasses? I currently have a Canon 7D DSLR and I am considering this product as a method for creating my own 3D images and video. Specifically, I'm curious how the quality of this would compare to purchasing Fuji's 3D camera option...

PostPosted: 29 Jul 2012, 17:50 

I use the Loreo 9005 with my Canon 550D and I think it's great. Chech out http://www.3dhdr.nl/ for both 3D stereo video and pictures in HDR.
I dislike anaglyp and polarisation... Unatural coloring and too often dark. Get a Loreo Pixi Viewer or another 3D stereo viewer and watch stereo 3D. True colors! Original lighting! It's like looking through a viewmaster.
Disadvantage of the 9005 is the f/11... and limited focussing settings. But other than that it's awesome!
If you like horses check out my latest Stereo video in HDR on youtube:

zuluafonu wrote:
Thank you kitarolivier for your very detailed response. I would really appreciate if you could upload your pictures somewhere so that I can see them. I'm interested in photographing people, sometimes in action, so a double camera setup or a few seconds between the shots is out of the question. Does the Loreo 3D come with a red-cyan anaglyph alignement software?

Thanks!

PostPosted: 10 Aug 2012, 06:53 

How did you make HDR from photos and videos?