All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: Shooting through 3d glasses with 3d camera.
PostPosted: 10 Oct 2012, 15:24 

Does anybody know if its possible to shoot through 3d glasses at a 3d television with a 3d camcorder? And if so, which camcorder has a camera separation equal to the human eyes so that I can stick some nvidia specs on it? Why on earth would I want to do something so ridiculous you ask?

I'm putting together a racing sim 2 DOF motion simulation with http://simxperience.com/Home.aspx parts. This will be combined with 3d Vision and a 60 inch Mitsubishi TV. I'm looking for a way to capture the whole experience in stereo 3d including the drivers view for youtube. Something like the video below except in 3d. I've experimented with picture-in-picture for this, but the results were not very impressive.

I figure if anybody in the world has tried this it would be Bloody :)

Post subject: Re: Shooting through 3d glasses with 3d camera.
PostPosted: 21 Oct 2012, 11:31 
Site Admin

You can do it, but it is hard and the result is not that good as if you for example record the stereoscopic 3D output from the display using FRAPS for example. You'll hardly find a suitable 3D camcorder, the better choice is to use two cameras synchronized together. There are some digital cameras that have similar interaxial such as the Fujifilm W1/W3 (slightly larger than what you need, but will still work fine), these can also record video with lower resolution.

Profile WWW