All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: GO PRO 3D is not compatible with hero 2 yet
PostPosted: 13 Jan 2012, 10:14 

Hello guys,

Just a little post to say that the 3D go pro system is not compatible yet with the hero 2 cameras, altought it is still written on their web site.

Here are my issues :
* movie mode : sometimes the 2 camera don't start, or even don't turn on
* timelapse mode : when I can turn the 2nd camera on (not always the case), both start shooting pictures, but on stop the second one continues shooting and need shutdown to stop.
* no single picture mode
* after reaching the timelapse mode, you need to restart the device (mode change doesn't cycle back to first mode).

Thats a shame.

Post subject: Re: GO PRO 3D is not compatible with hero 2 yet
PostPosted: 13 Jan 2012, 10:51 
Site Admin

They probably need to work a bit more on the firmware to clear some more issues, hopefully in the next firmware update they will.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2012, 11:55 

Yes, but on their site they mention that you need a firmware update, but they do not tell you that this firmware is not released yet. Fortunately (or unfortunately :)), I won't dive soon in nice place, so I don't need it yet, but I want to train to use it before.

PostPosted: 20 Mar 2012, 15:13 

I find you must turn on the right side camera first "always" then the left side on, when shutting the camera's off you must shut the left side camera off first then the right side camera. When programming the camera functions, change the right side settings first then the left side camera. If the left camera is not responding leave it for a minute till it turns itself off, then try setting the functions. I haven't had any of your issues if I follow this routine.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: 20 Mar 2012, 16:56 

I forgot to update the thread, but since firmware .70, it is compatible for 3D video & Time Lapse. Not single photo yet.

Also, genbeau, could you add the 'YT3D' tag on your 3D youtube's video (not the anaglyph ones), so It can be viewed correcty (and we can choose the viewing method), and be sure (maybe it is) that the left picture is on the left, and the right on the right (not crossed) ? Thank you. There a so many youtube 3D video that are not 'YT3D' flagged and/or crossed (which cannot be viewed with nvidia 3D vision).