All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: fuji finepix w3 real 3d video editing
PostPosted: 13 Sep 2011, 01:28 

this may not be the right place for this, but i am trying to edit video from fuji finepix w3 real 3d camera. have had no luck so far with stereo movie maker or hd link and cineform first light. does anyone have an answer for this? the fuji software only allows trimming clips and stitching clips. i would like to be able to do more in the editing process. please, answer soon if you can help! i'm getting desparate to finish a project.

wendy :cry:

Post subject: Re: fuji finepix w3 real 3d video editing
PostPosted: 13 Sep 2011, 12:42 
Site Admin

You can use the Stereo Movie Maker to convert the video into a format for easy editing with a 3D-capable video editor.

I'd recommend trying Sony Vegas Pro 10 as it does have official support for editing 3D video and exporting it in different 3D formats as well.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: 13 Sep 2011, 16:56 

i've tried stereo movie maker. it works to separate the video, but premier does not like the separated files. ironically, photoshop doesn't mind at all. i've also tried using hd link and cineform first light, but for some reason first light sees the split "2D" files as 3D, meaning each eye gives me an over/under display. doesn't make sense. lastly, don't have access to sony vegas. any ideas?

PostPosted: 13 Sep 2011, 23:45 
Site Admin

You can just download the trial version of Sony Vegas in order to see if it will do the job: http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/download/trials/vegaspro

Premiere does not have official support for 3D video editing, you need to use external plugins or workarounds in order to be able to edit 3D video files and that isn't an easy thing to do, especially for people that are still new to working with 3D video.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: 14 Sep 2011, 00:37 

thanks! i'll give vegas a try. hd link and cineform first light were the work arounds to try with premier, but i'm probably missing something.

PostPosted: 17 Oct 2011, 16:35 

Magix 17 pro HD plus edits W3 format videos and mpos without fuss.
Thomas

PostPosted: 17 Oct 2011, 18:53 

thanks, thomas. i actually found magix also, and it is certainly easier than all the other nonsense i've tried. just import the files and edit.