All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: HDR-TD 10, I have one.. ask away.
PostPosted: 01 Jun 2011, 02:05 

I have one.. and for the W3 or would be W3 owners.. no, its not the same thing.. its a video camera, not a stereo still camera.. you will need the w3 for good stereo stills.

The closest comparison would be a bloggie 3d, which I dont have, but intend to get as a backup and cutaway camera.. similar lense distance. A fixed focus camera is a good choice for a backup.

otherwise, go with the aiptek I2.. which I love and has served me well.. beyond being half res and 720 at best in stereo, it to can be a decent backup.

Follow my shenanigans here: my facebook page for the TD10

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sony-HDR-TD10-3D-High-Definition-Handycam-Camcorder/147314655331285

Post subject: Re: HDR-TD 10, I have one.. ask away.
PostPosted: 06 Jun 2011, 02:33 

http://youtu.be/IIe0C9m5naU

HDR TD10, W3, and I2 comparison half SBS
audio from the TD10 with noise canceling.

I did no stabilization, and beyond basic frame timing, nothing is changed from the origional recordings.

PostPosted: 07 Jun 2011, 04:51 

Aiptek I2 on top

Sony HDR TD 10 below.. the TD10 is primary, the I2 is wide shot backup.

PostPosted: 30 Jun 2011, 15:27 

I am doing comparisons of a bloggie 3d and a TD10, intending to use the bloggie for cutaway and backup.

PostPosted: 15 Aug 2011, 08:23 

I just got one on Friday, have you figured out how to take the interlaced file and split to side by side?

I just got a response from Sony - "Our software does not do that"....

Thanks!
Dan

PostPosted: 15 Aug 2011, 18:30 

Another question, which at some point I'll have the answer and revert, but just in case you know now,

EDIT--after learning...

1/ I can save the 3d interlaced MTS file on to a PC and play it through Cyberlink Ultra/Nvidia 3D package just fine. It recognizes the interlace. The picture is not great, but pretty good compared to other 3d.

EDIT - I was wrong. Cyberlink PowerDVD ultra was taking 2d and converting to 3d, so not real 3d. Without tweaking the file, the only way to play on the PC monitor is via Nvidia player 1.7.2 or actually, I bought 3dtv.at player 1.7.4 to play. Need the codecs from ffdshow to play. I also installed Haali Media Splitter codecs too. Now the image is real and pretty darn cool! 1.7.4 has a tendency to crash here and there but I think I was pushing it by monkeying with too many vids. More options in 3dtv player too.

I have a Sony 3d TV, and it will NOT play the interlaced file from the HD/Server. Input via Network the TV will only recognize side/side or over/under. Bummer.

The video is pretty darn Nice when played via hdmi direct from the camera to the Sony 3D tv, but, I can't figure out how to not have my camera as the video player!! I have an email in to Sony on this question. I probably have to buy a playstation???

EDIT - Nope on the playstation right now. I got Sony Movie Studio HD Platinum to tweak with the MVC files. I've read that you can pull the hd side by side out of the MVC file and burn a 3d bluray via this.

2/ I have NV 3d vision player and it plays the interlaced video just fine on one PC and not my other PC, so I seem to be missing a codec. Any clues on how to find the right one, instead of installing all the software on my one pc to the other?? Any idea where to just get the codec to play the MTS, M2ts file? I think I'm going to have to read a manual pretty soon on formats...

EDIT - as mentioned earlier in this post, get the codecs above.

EDIT - the PMB software does split the image and upload to youtube 3d just fine too. Takes some patience and reading some Nvidia forums to get that working. All in all, pretty darn fun stuff and keeps the mind busy learning to tweak.

thanks guys,
Dan