All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: Panasonic full HD 3D cam.
PostPosted: 26 May 2011, 14:24 

Hi, my name is John and I'm new here.

I have just acquired some new equipment and software, a Panasonic HDC-SDT750 camera, Acer computer with a GeForce 470 with 3dvision and the latest drivers, and a GD245HQ 3D monitor.The software is Cyberlink Power DVD 11Ultra, as well as NVidia 3Dvision Video player. I can edit my video with Avid Pinnacle Studio 11 Plus.

I am able to play all streaming 3D content from NVidia as well as the downloadable 3D files (e.g. heidelberg.wmv) using powerdvd, although Stereoscopic Player, which I also have, has stopped working since I installed the new 275 beta drivers.

My main problem involves the files from the Panasonic camera, extension: m2ts:- they won't play properly at all not even in Powerdvd. Powerdvd displays them as a single steroscopic image with the colors all messed up and basically unwatchable, while Sterosopic Player plays them as two images side by side.

This camera displays in perfect 3D when attached to a 3D TV, (I have only tried a Sansung, so far, but I am confident the result will be the same with Panasonic Viera and Sony Bravia).

If someone can explain what is going on/wrong, I would be grateful.

John

Post subject: Re: Panasonic full HD 3D cam.
PostPosted: 27 May 2011, 14:53 
Site Admin

Have you tried opening the video in the Stereoscopic Player / 3D Vision Video Player with Side by Side, left first and selecting 16:9 aspect ratio, then switching to full screen (if you are using older drivers and don't have the new 3D in a window mode or have it disabled). This way it should show the video from the camera in 3D...

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: 29 May 2011, 12:15 

Hi again,

I have posted a reply to Bloody's answer to my first post, but it seems to have got lost in the ether...

However an update will be even better...

I was having no luck with these M2TS files from the Panasonic camera until I tried a converter from iCoolsoft, and it works like a charm, Bloody.

Just convert the Panasonic file to an .mkv and it works every time in PowerDVD. I can't edit the converted file, Studio Plus won't even see it, but at least I can watch all the home movies on my 'puter, now.

There are a few weird spinoffs, though Bloody; I found ONE of my original camera files DID work in Stereoplayer, (but not in PowerDVD- still the sames garbage, there)...and this file was created same time same day as the others that won't display in 3D.
Analyse THAT.

John

PostPosted: 29 May 2011, 16:40 

Converting adds alot time to your editing,well at least on my computer...I will upgrade soon from 3G ram..
I like camera's that don't require their own software....

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: 31 May 2011, 12:01 

Hey Bloody,

You are right about this camera, it is difficult to manage transfers and editing unless you use it's own software.

Also, the setup for the camera's binocular lens adapter is difficult to get correct. At times the separation is at 45 degrees to the horizontal (see Capture 1).

Another inconsistency is in Stero. Player itself:- the window "Stereoscopic Input Format" (see Capture 2) only comes up at random, and I can't find it on a menu anywhere.

Care to comment?

John

Attachments:
Capture2.jpg [420.54 KiB]
Not downloaded yet
Capture1.jpg [572.46 KiB]
Not downloaded yet

PostPosted: 31 May 2011, 13:05 

Well, that screen capture didn't work (of course)= silly me.

OK here's a short edit with which to illustrate my point...see what you can make of it, Bloody>

John

No, looks like 8 mB is too excessive...oh well

PostPosted: 31 May 2011, 14:29 

If you posted a short raw file (from the camera) I could see if the magix pro edit 17 opens it directly.I find it's been able to open any of my camera files.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: 02 Jun 2011, 14:59 

I''ll try again, genbeau, but last time it didn't post properly...

No, I'm afraid the file is too large (14 MB).

PostPosted: 02 Jun 2011, 17:34 
Site Admin

You can upload it on www.uploading.com for example and post just the link here.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: 05 Jun 2011, 11:31 

Thanks for the tip, Bloody...that was easy.

So I would be interested to hear what you guys think of the following file:- http://uploading.com/files/7b82m431/01- ... 2529.m2ts/

John