All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: Yamakasi Catleap Q270 Monitor Feedback?
PostPosted: 27 Jul 2012, 15:31 
Site Admin

After the 144Hz monitor announcement from Asus I found out that a certain Korean brand of monitors (non 3D ones) has been getting quite lot of attention recently due to some of the monitors being able to work on higher refresh rates at up to 120Hz and even more (though not all of them apparently do). The monitor in particular is Yamakasi Catleap Q270, but the same thing is also available under a few different names...

What makes this monitor even more interesting is that it is 27-inch model, uses an IPS panel from LG (not the highest quality ones though), comes with a resolution of 2560x1440 pixels and on top of that it also has a really attractive price ($350-$500 USD with free shipping + customs tax), though you have to import it from South Korea apparently (order through eBay for example). And after reading a bit more the only more serious possible downside of the product is that you may get some dead pixels or subpixels, though you can apparently order a model that has been checked for such at a slightly higher price.

So has anyone here got one of these monitors? I'm thinking that with some driver modifications it might be possible to make one of these also work in stereoscopic 3D mode and that would be quite cool considering the size of these monitors along with the higher than Full HD resolution and the IPS panels being used.

Profile WWW  

Post subject: Re: Yamakasi Catleap Q270 Monitor Feedback?
PostPosted: 27 Jul 2012, 18:36 

I have seen alot of reviews of this monitor on another site i belong to and they are tons of questions answered on it,the site is overclock.net if interested.

PostPosted: 03 Aug 2012, 15:48 

I've got one and currently run it at 110hz with a 5m DVI cable, but have had it running at 130hz with a shorter cable. Its a lovely monitor :) and there is a lot of info about it on 120hz.net.

It's only the 2b Catleap made in Feb 2012 that has a unique PCB which allows the overclocking.

PostPosted: 03 Aug 2012, 23:55 
Site Admin

The only problem is that the models with 2B PCBs are no longer available, or at least at a reasonable price, I'd love to get one of these to play with ;)

But I'll probably be getting one of the new ones just to check out the monitor...

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: 09 May 2013, 15:05 

Bloody wrote:
The only problem is that the models with 2B PCBs are no longer available, or at least at a reasonable price, I'd love to get one of these to play with ;)

But I'll probably be getting one of the new ones just to check out the monitor...

I just ordered a qnix Qx2710 27' inch 1440p monitor, they oc up to 140hz (not all of them, of course) cost me only 330 shipped to Portugal, seems to good to pass it along, and a great upgrade from my old 21 inch CRT. Also ordered two gtx 670 xlr8 pny for sli mode cause I knew my gtx 570s sli wouldn't be able to produce decent framerate.
Bloody if you help we can try make it work with 3D Vision. Is it easy?

Asus P8Z68-V Pro; i5 2500k@4.3ghz; 2x GTX570 in SLI; 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz; Asus Xonar Dx; Vertex 3 120Gb SSD + 1TB HDD; Corsair Tx750w; CoolerMaster Storm Scout; Benq W700 720p 3D Vision Projector, 88ยดยด Screen, Sony 5.1 Home Cinema