All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: Acer H5360 / 5370 questions
PostPosted: 15 Nov 2013, 09:09 

Dear All,

I’ve been visiting this blog since years and it provided me with plenty of usefull information, I’d like to thank you for that!

I’ve had the the 3D Vision Kit for almost 3 years now with an Asus monitor and I really love it. Still, I always wanted to experience ghosting free 3D, so I decided to finally buy a 3D DLP projector. I would like to use the projector to play PC games in stereo 3D.

I’d like to buy the Acer H5360/5370 but after my research on this topic I got quite confused about how the different versions of this projector work with 3D Vision. I don’t know If I had to buy 3DTV play software and separate DLP link glasses etc..

As I see there are at least three versions of this projector(all come with HDMI): the H5360, the H5360BD and also there is a newer one, the H5370BD. So, my questions would be:

- Do I need 3DTV Play software for these projectors? If Yes then do I have to buy it separately? Somewhere I read that if one has the 3D vision emitter and a monitor then 3DTV play is free to activate. However, I can’t seem to find an option for this in the Nvidia Control Panel.

- Can I use the 3D vision glasses and the emitter I already have with any of these projectors? If not then which of these projectors can be used with my 3D vision equipment?

- If I can’t use my emitter and glasses because these porjectors only support DLP link mode only, then will the picture still be crosstalk/ghosting free with 3rd party DLP link glasses as well? Being crosstalk/ghosting free is the most important factor.

Also, if you think there are better options than the above acer projectors then please share your experience.
Thank you very much for your help! :)

Tamas

Post subject: Re: Acer H5360 / 5370 questions
PostPosted: 26 Nov 2013, 13:55 
Site Admin

The original Acer H5360 projector does support 3D Vision, the newer Acer H5360BD and Acer H5370BD versions do come with support for 3DTV Play as they are using HDMI 1.4 3D frame packaging for the stereo 3D content transmission.

Owners of 3D Vision IR emitters that are connected to the PC do get free 3DTV Play support, so no need to buy a separate license for the 3DTV Play software if you already have a 3D Vision kit.

3D Vision-compatible 3D DLP projectors can be used with the 3D Vision 1/2 active shutter glasses as they are getting synchronized from the 3D Vision IR emitter, newer projectors that use HDMI 1.4 for 3D and rely on the 3DTV Play software do need DLP Link glasses (or special RF glasses if the projector supports them like some Optoma models do) and are not compatible with the 3D Vision glasses.

Profile WWW  

Post subject: Re: Acer H5360 / 5370 questions
PostPosted: 02 Dec 2013, 07:20 

Thank you very much for clearing things up for me! Now, I know what I need to get in order to enjoy 3D with a DLP projector.
Thank you again!