All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: 3DVision Surround with Acer H6510BD Projector
PostPosted: 11 Jun 2013, 16:03 

Hello my first post here,

I read the topic about "Using a 3D DLP Projector in Stereoscopic 3D Mode with a PC".

I am considering 3x Acer H6510BD Projector to use in 3d and 2d gaming.I have 3 way-SLI of Nvidia Geforce Gtx580.

If i understand correct,i will be able to use this projector(Its native resolution is 1080p) :

1280x720 60 hz per eye 3D Vision 3840x720 @60 hz 3D Vision Surround
1920x1080 24 hz per eye 3D Vision 5760x1080@24 hz 3D Vision Surround
1920x1080 60 hz at 2D Gaming 5760x1080@60 hz 2D Surround

Are these correct?

Its stated that it need 3DTV Play software and must be connected with HDMI output in order to use it in 3D Vision.

At Nvidia 3D Vision Surround System Requirements page,only DVI output can be used for 3D Vision Surround at GTX580.

http://www.geforce.com/hardware/technol ... quirements

Will i need to use 3 DVI to HDMI adapters or cables in order to use 3D Vision Surround or
Can i plug them to 3 mini HDMI Ports(my cards have 1 mini-hdmi port) 3DTV Play software will work fine?

Is there a possibility that 3D Vision Surround will not work even with DVI-HDMI adapters?

Thanks in advance

Post subject: Re: 3DVision Surround with Acer H6510BD Projector
PostPosted: 28 Jun 2013, 14:01 

I asked some of my questions at an nv forum so i can simplify my questions a bit.

This projector works in 3DTV play at :

1280x720 96 hz or 120 hz(48 hz per eye or 60 hz per eye) ?
1920x1080 48 hz(24 hz per eye)

At 2D,it works at 1920x1080 60 hz.

Can anyone that own this pj clarify these refresh rates?

PostPosted: 26 Nov 2013, 13:47 
Site Admin

Yes, these specifications are correct for HDMI 1.4-capable 3D projector.

One very important thing about building a 3D Vision Surround setup is that it is NOT supported by 3D TV Play, you need to use 3D Vision compatible 3D monitor or 3D DLP Projectors and unfortunately there are no such that support 1080p native resolution in stereo 3D mode - all of these are relying on HDMI 1.4 interface for the 3D and thus are not useable for a 3D surround setup.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: 05 Dec 2013, 22:02 

Hi I have this setup with:
Windows 8
Acer H6510bd
good hdmi cable
Latest nvidia driver installed
3d vision supoosidly installed (how to be sure???)
3d vision kit with emiter and glasses

But I'm having some trouble to find the good settings to have the 3dvision menu appear in the nvidia conf panel
Can you give me some advice on:
Should the 3d settings of the videoprojector be on on and type auto?
Should it be primary display
Which resolution
Which Hz?
That windows 8 checkbox "enable stereoscopic capable display should be checked ?

I tried lot of combinaison but I cannot access the 3d vision setup wizzard wizzards.
Thanks in advance for your help.

PostPosted: 06 Dec 2013, 14:45 
Site Admin

You have a 3D-capable projector that uses HDMI 1.4 frame packaging format for the 3D. 3D projectors that are not officially 3D Vision certified do not work with 3D Vision, if they use HDMI 1.4 they may be compatible with the 3DTV Play software (freely available for 3D Vision owners, require the IR emitter to be plugged in), but there is no absolute guarantee that it will work.

There are some workarounds that might work - using an EDID override from a compatible projector to trick the drivers into believing you have a compatible projector (we have EDID overrides available in a separate thread in the forum)... there is however no guarantee that this will work or even if it works out there might be some issues like too much crosstalk/ghosting etc.

If you have the 3D Vision driver installed and working you should see a stereoscopic 3D panel in the Nvidia Control Panel, if you don't see that then there is something wrong. For example you could be using a laptop with Nvidia Optimus technology that has to be known to have trouble working with 3D Vision (you did not mention what is the computer you are using).

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: 06 Dec 2013, 18:44 

Bloody wrote:
You have a 3D-capable projector that uses HDMI 1.4 frame packaging format for the 3D. 3D projectors that are not officially 3D Vision certified do not work with 3D Vision, if they use HDMI 1.4 they may be compatible with the 3DTV Play software (freely available for 3D Vision owners, require the IR emitter to be plugged in), but there is no absolute guarantee that it will work.

Okay I didn't realize there was a difference now between 3dvision and 3stv play. Thanks for the clear explanation.

Bloody wrote:
There are some workarounds that might work - using an EDID override from a compatible projector to trick the drivers into believing you have a compatible projector (we have EDID overrides available in a separate thread in the forum)... there is however no guarantee that this will work or even if it works out there might be some issues like too much crosstalk/ghosting etc.

Haha I use to do that to have 3d on my benq w600+ with an acer driver now I'll try with a benq 700 3dvision certified maybe it will work on my acer h6510bd ^^
Thanks for the windows 8 signature workaround it will be usefull

Bloody wrote:
If you have the 3D Vision driver installed and working you should see a stereoscopic 3D panel in the Nvidia Control Panel, if you don't see that then there is something wrong. For example you could be using a laptop with Nvidia Optimus technology that has to be known to have trouble working with 3D Vision (you did not mention what is the computer you are using).

Okay I don't have it I thought it would appear with a compatible display. I have a overclocking software for nvidia but Never use it so I'll get ride of it maybe it is the cause. but also even during a clean install the folder 3dvision in 32bit program files is there but empty so I always have to launcher the 3dvision installer exe that I found in the extracted driver place manually.

Anyway I'll try again to have this 3d working tonight with a edid overide and see how it goes. I'm not going to follow the 3dtv thing as I don't want to buy anymore glasses than the nvidia one that I allready have.

Thanks for this awesome website on 3d, It is very helpful.
Tookdrums

PostPosted: 06 Dec 2013, 18:57 

I forgot to answer my laptop is a msi gt60 And It as this Optimus thing which is sort of a bridge between intel integrated cpu and the nvidia card and apparently this is what is causing the problem with 3dvision menu not showing.

PostPosted: 06 Dec 2013, 22:07 
Site Admin

Thats bad news, the Nvidia Optimus technology is a useful thing for improving battery life when you don't need the extra GPU power, but unfortunately it does not work with 3D Vision, so it is a problem to have the two on the same laptop if you want to use it for 3D.

If it is only for 3D movies playback you might be able to use the integrated Intel graphics (if it supports the InTRU 3D technology) with a 3D video player such as PowerDVD as it supports HDMI 1.4 frame packaging, but is a no go for gaming.

Profile WWW