All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: Enabling 3D in BenQ W600+
PostPosted: 22 Dec 2012, 15:40 

Hi Guys, this is my first post in this blog. And the reason for it follows...

I am trying to enable 3D function in my BenQ W600+ projector. I bought this projector in 2010, since then I have really enjoyed watching movies in it. Recently I developed my desire to watch 3D movies in it. So I recently bought this 3D active shutter glasses from ebay. On arrival of the glasses I hooked up my BenQ W600+ to my PC through VGA. I played the 3D movie which I had downloaded in PowerDVD 11 player and put on the glasses....nothing happened :cry: , the 3D function was enabled in the projector. I set the refresh rate to 120 Hz at the resolution of 1280x720. There seems to be not 3D effect. What am I doing wrong here guys, please help me. Sorry if my question is very dumb, put please teach me to make this work. I really want to see the 3D effect in my home.

My current setup/configuration:
=======================

Intel Core2Duo CPU, Windows XP, 2 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT (1 GB RAM)
PowerDVD11 player
BenQ W600+ projector (3D ready)

What am I missing here guys? Is it the OS, should it be Windows 7?

I am willing to try anything you guys suggest, just make it work for me. I will not forget it for life :mrgreen:

Looking forward for your replies
Ronald

Post subject: Re: Enabling 3D in BenQ W600+
PostPosted: 25 Dec 2012, 22:06 

Hi again,
I installed Windows 7 and tried to enable sterescopic 3D mode in the nvidia control panel. Unable to enable it as it asked for the emitter and stuff. Tried the emulator and it threw error saying that unable to install some driver.
Again went through the forum and I saw about setting the viewing method in the stereoscopic player. As mentioned in the post I set the viewing method to "software pageflipping" and there it was 3D for me! I finally could see the 3D effect in the movie but some jitters are there, not some though, it occurs very frequently and is annoying :(

What is the difference between watching 3D movies in stereoscopic player and watching it through enabling stereoscopic mode in nvidia control panel. Someone please lighten me up with some details.

My questions: How do I avoid jitter in the stereoscopic player? What is the difference between this stereoscopic player and nvidia vision? Am I good for now or I can do better with the setup I have?

Ronald S

Post subject: Re: Enabling 3D in BenQ W600+
PostPosted: 23 Jan 2013, 12:37 
Site Admin

The BenQ W600+ projector is not officially supported by 3D Vision, though you might be able to make it work with EDID override using the INF driver from another compatible projector. 3D Vision uses frame sequential output to the projector the same as with software pageflipping mode that the Stereoscopic Player uses, however 3D Vision uses different way of syncing the glasses to the image (Ir emitter) as compared to the DLP Link mode using flashing white light in the image being projected. The 3D Vision video player is based n the Stereoscopic player, but is limited to supporting only 3D Vision. Unfortunately not a lot of 3D video players come with frame sequential output that can work with 3D DLP Link projectors. None of the Blu-ray 3D-capable software players such as PowerDVD does support frame sequential output, they only have support for 3D Vision, but not for use with generic DLP Link glasses. As you've noticed the software pageflipping mode available in the Stereoscopic Player not always produce good results.

Profile WWW