All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: ACER H5360 and Optoma 3DXL
PostPosted: 02 Dec 2012, 17:28 

My Computer Setup

Intel Core 2 Quad Processor 2.4
2 Graphic Card running SLI : Zotac GTX460
8 Gig Ram

I am sure if i plug in my Acer H5360 projector to my computer i should be able to play 3D contant if it is a movie or a game all i would need later on is a blue ray player to play 3d movie in blue ray. Please confirm if thats true or if i am missing something.

MY MAIN QUESTION: is that i need to play 3d Movie through the projector but without using my computer, i want to use my PS3 so it looks like i need an adaptor maybe optoma 3dxl, but i am not sure if that is true and if it is compatible with my projector.
Also i need to buy extra pair of glasses too so if optoma 3dxl did work it comes with 1 maybe 2 glasses and then i would have to buy more glasses. is there any alternative for good and cheaper glasses compared to optoma $60 for 1 pair of glasses?
if you can help lease let me know becuase i need to make this projector work soon, and i would rather not use my computer to watch movies or play video game.

Thank you

Post subject: Re: ACER H5360 and Optoma 3DXL
PostPosted: 23 Jan 2013, 12:18 
Site Admin

With that setup the Acer H5360 can work with 3D content sent from computer in frame sequential mode, you can either use DLP Link glasses (for movies) or 3D Vision ones if you also want to be able to play games in stereo 3D mode. For consumer electronic devices that rely on HDMI 1.4 3D specifications such as the PlayStation 3 you will need an adapter such as the Optoma 3DXL, though there are other alternatives as well. When using Optoma 3DXL adapter you can use normal DLP Link glasses with the projector, though the device also has a port for connecting an infrared emitter for other types of glasses as well.

Profile WWW