[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 386: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
BenQ W710ST and Nvidia 3D Vision Pro - 3D Vision Blog - Forum

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: BenQ W710ST and Nvidia 3D Vision Pro
PostPosted: 04 Oct 2012, 23:18 

Hi!
On and off for the last three days I am embarrassed to say I've been trying to get my BenQ W710ST to work with my 3D Vision Pro setup but have failed miserably. I am running the following setup:
- Dell T7500 with Quadro 6000
- Win 7 64 bit
- Latest 3D Vision drivers
- Nvidia 3D Pro RF hub connected via USB with and without the onboard DIN connection
- BenQ W710ST (1280x720 120 Hz 32 bit color with Nvidia 3D Vision synch on)
- Nvidia Control Panel: Stereo Display mode set to 3D DLP Display (with Nvidia 3D Vision)
- 3D Vision Pro RF glasses, synched to hub
The Quadro 6000 has dual link DVI and DisplayPort interfaces only so my initial thought is that it is a cabling issue. Nvidia tech support suggested to adapters from their store (big surprise) which I ordered. One was a DP to HDMI and the other was a DVI to HDMI (the DVI appears to be single link since all pins are not present). Neither worked. I also tried an HDMI cable from my laptop (Quadro 4000M) but that didn't work either. I also tried several different HDMI cables. From what I have read so far, the sub D connector can be used also (?) so I tried a DVI to sub D converter but again this was single link DVI. Could that be the issue? Should I be using a dual link DVI-I to sub D? Seems odd considering the DP to HDMI doesn't work.
The Nvidia tests and demos don't work. The setup wizard fails.
The application I really want to run is a quad buffered OpenGL viewer I have written which works great on my Alienware (via dual link DVI) monitor every time (workstation and laptop) so I am at a loss as to what I am doing wrong..
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thaks,
Bill

Post subject: Re: BenQ W710ST and Nvidia 3D Vision Pro
PostPosted: 21 Oct 2012, 12:01 
Site Admin

Are you able to run the projector at 120Hz refresh rate or not?

Have in mind that using the projector with the 3D Vision drivers only enables Direct3D support, you need yo disable the 3D Vision stereoscopic 3D support and enable the 3D support from the Quadro driver in order for you to be able to run applications in in OpenGL Quad Buffer 3D mode.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: 22 Oct 2012, 17:53 

Bloody,

Yes, I have been able to run the projector consistently at 120 Hz.

Good point regarding the Direct3D versus OpenGL.
I will definitely give that a try.

Thanks!

PostPosted: 30 Oct 2012, 10:14 

3d works good for me (gtx 470+ dvi to 15-pin+ benq w710st)
note the 3d will not turn on by it self on benq w710st like the Alienware lcd ,u will need to go to menu and turn it on

if u want i can upload the video with step by step inc...tions