[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 495: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 495: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Hello Bloody, full 3d bluray from PC to projector? - 3D Vision Blog - Forum

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: Hello Bloody, full 3d bluray from PC to projector?
PostPosted: 25 Aug 2012, 00:57 

Hi, I'm trying to view a full blu ray image from pc to tw9000 3d projector. When I play the bluray in TMT5 I can get the 3d effect in the 3dmovie by choosing '3d ready dlp' option in the player.

I've had no problem playing 3d half sbs movie in 3d side by side and such, but playing bluray 3d from pc to projector is another matter entirely it seems.

Do I need this 3d vision emulator crap again (and if so can I get full 3d with it), or what am I missing here?

The projector says there is no 3d content playing when I try to enable 3d on it.

Post subject: Re: Hello Bloody, full 3d bluray from PC to projector?
PostPosted: 25 Aug 2012, 16:02 
Site Admin

You need to use HDMI 1.4 frame packaging mode with this projector and in order to do that win an Nvidia GPU you need the 3DTV Play software, the problem is that TW9000 is not officially supported by that software, so you may also need to use an EDID override driver from another supported model to make it work.

By using the IR emulator you are just simulating the presence of a 3D Vision IR emulator, so that you can get to use the free 3DTV Play functionality, if you are having trouble with that you can either get a real IR emitter off ebay for example, or just get a license of the 3DTV Play software.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: 25 Aug 2012, 19:24 

PostPosted: 25 Aug 2012, 21:26 

Haha YES!! It's ALLIIIVVVVEEE! ^^

It is working m8 =)

I installed the 14 day trial of 3DTV Play from nVidia, did the step in previous post choosing the .ini file.
Then in TMT5 player (playing the bluray image 3d movie) I chose:

General Settings --> Always play Blu-Ray 3d movie in 3d mode.
Viewing Environment --> NVIDIA 3D Vision Ready Display

Once 3d bluray plays press the 3d auto option in your projector (or TV I guess).

Confirmed working on x64 win 7 with latest drivers and the non nvidia 3d projector mentioned using the EDID inf file.

Thanks once again Bloody, you truly are a master genious at this stuff. 8-)

PostPosted: 26 Aug 2012, 13:38 
Site Admin

Great, hopefully Nvidia will add official support for that model as well, so there will be no need of the EDID override anymore at some point.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2012, 01:48 

Hello again. <<<<WARNING>>>>

I reinstalled my computer and on my new install I tried the same thing.. I installed the .inf file and 3dtv play and everything, but I couldn't get 3d effect on my projector like on my previous install (same os and everything). 3dtv said it needed 1080p 24Hz to enable 3d, but this even if I enabled the 1080p 24 Hz option in the nvidia control panel. Really wierd.

Then what's even wierder is my computer crashed and would not start (this after testing 3d in the 3d section nvidia control panel, where 3d was activated once I stopped testing, Oh now it might work I thought and fired up tmt5 3d bluray -> crash). That's right, so I had to repair Windows!!!
WARNING for this is other words. Luckily it repaired and removed 3dtv play automatically (once chose repair windows since I couldn't boot it up) and now windows works normally again. (I did also make a system image of my whole system drive will all programs on another harddrive just incase something like this would happen. Don't seem to have to use it though since windows seems normal now again.)

So sigh... Don't know what to do now. I can say on my previous install where it did work, it worked very buggily. For example if I exited fullscreen once in a 3d movie with 3d working the 3d was gone and I had to restart the movie in fullscreen again for it to work - also randomly changing resolution to 720p once exiting fullscreen in games and such.

So, still stuck in the water on a life raft with no land in sight I guess. I can imagine this would work better with a proper .inf file for my particular projector, or perhaps a bought dongle??

Any recomondations Bloody?

Thanks anyways.

(edit: If I'm not missing anything I just choose ini file and click next till installation completes for the pnp display right? Then the EDID version shows up instead.)

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2012, 02:33 

OH MY GOD!

It seems to work without the 3dtv play software now. I have no EDID file as I can see in device manager, so I guess my computer now thinks I have a supported nvidia 3d vision screen - LOL!

All I do is enable stereoscopic 3d in 'set up stereoscopic 3d' option in nvidia control panel, without having 3dtv play enabled (or even installed) and I can now view 3d blueray in tmt5. Is there a difference between just enabling this in nvidia controlpanel and getting 3dtvplay??

I now have both the HD 3D (exact name see picture) and the normal resolutions with 60hz etc.

How is this possible ^^ It's so strange, because before when I set 24Hz it wouldn't enable 3d with 3dtvplay even.

edit: Just wanted to add a tip when disabling fullscreen once in 3d movie in tmt5. This is almost no issue for me anymore aswell. Solution: Go into settings of tmt5 -> playback -> set Auto:Resume to 'Promt user to select'.

Now you will be able to press escape when watching bluray 3d movie in 3d and minimize or make window of tmt5 smaller, then press STOP, then when you want to start watching directly in 3d again just press play and the option comes up - choose 'Play from last point'.
Now it will start playing just where you were before minimizing, and in full 3d. ;)

Attachments:
Capture2.PNG [29.08 KiB]
Not downloaded yet
Capture.PNG [3.75 KiB]
Not downloaded yet

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2012, 07:34 
Site Admin

Hm, this is interesting, but as long as it works fine it is OK :)

Normally you should have both the 3D as well as the normal 2D resolutions available, but using INF overrides can indeed cause various issues and sometimes it doesn't help at all, so it is good that even without using this workaround it is now working...

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: 04 Sep 2012, 04:56 

PostPosted: 29 Oct 2012, 21:04 

Hi,

Just built my 1st HTPC with an Asrock H77 Pro4-M and an Intel I3-3225 with embedded intel HD 4000 graphics.

Like the author I have the same problem: playing SBS MKVs are no problem when I select them manually on my TW9000, auto detection doesn't work!
Full 3DBD isn't detected and Epson says each time stream isn't 3D!
The only time it played is when I didn't use my Onkyo 3008 3D receiver but connected it directly to my projector (no sound) and used the desktop version of TMT....BUT only by selecting manually 3D Anaglyph mode! The lite TMT5 version I use as external player in XBMC EDEN didn't work! As soon I connected the Receiver back between source and projector it was a no-go!
My intel vga settings see my projector EDID but only see my Onkyo's EDIT when the receiver is inbetween!
So also need some help

TY