[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 495: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 495: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 386: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Update: Impressions on the Benq W710st - 3D Vision Blog - Forum

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: Re: Update: Impressions on the Benq W710st
PostPosted: 10 Sep 2012, 11:19 

Thank you! I've waited to make sure. Already had benq gp2 and this didn't show in options in nvidia program. Don't believe it's 120hz. Didn't want to order the other projector and have the same issue.

Which is better? Benq w700 or w710st? I would think the second but the w700 is priced higher.

PostPosted: 10 Sep 2012, 12:20 
Site Admin

I don't think that the BenQ GP2 projector is 3D-capable...

Both the BenQ W700 and W710ST are officially supporting 3D Vision and they have very similar specifications and features, and they should also be offering very similar performance in stereoscopic 3D mode.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: 10 Sep 2012, 13:55 

Thank you for your help.

PostPosted: 13 Sep 2012, 00:50 

Okay. Got the benq w710st. Games look great using nvidia 3d vision. However, when I try to play movies using powerdvd 12 it gives me the message that it's unable to play in 3D? Any thoughts? Saw in another of your posts something about a converter? Something to do with the type of hdmi cable?

PostPosted: 13 Sep 2012, 09:39 
Site Admin

No need of an extra converter and you don't need a special HDMI cable here...

Have you checked the 3D settings of the player, if it is left to autodetect the 3D display type it might not be doing it right... also check in the Nvidia control panel that the projector is detected as properly supporting HDCP. You may also try disconnecting any additional display when playing 3D on the projector in order to see if that might be messing up with the software.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: 14 Sep 2012, 03:13 

Okay. Got the player working. 3D looks decent on better quality videos imagine it will look great with dvd/bluray just havent had the chance yet. Had some sound issues though. Couldn't get anything from the pc to play. Have the projector connected to pc with hdmi. Had an hdmi switch and this seemed to be the problem. Was also seeing blue artifacts/static in darker images. I don't have hdmi as an option in the sound settings in windows 7. I used the projector that does show in the settings. Sound is coming through but cuts out for a second every 5-6 seconds.

PostPosted: 06 Nov 2012, 00:10 

Hey guys,
couple months ago I purchased W710ST and I have to say it is fantastic. I have just one issue. When watching movies with panoramatic scenes in it, eg. scenes of mountains taken from a plane, these scenes arent very smooth and the image is cut. This happens with every movie even with very high RIP quality.

My setup should be fine: Intel i3 3,3 GHz; 16 GB RAM; AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB DDR5.

I have a suspicion that the problem might be with HDMI cabel that I bought with the projector. Because in the first week or so I experienced flashing on the screen but then it stopped.

Does anyone of you have the same experience?

Thanks

PostPosted: 27 Nov 2012, 11:49 

I do think you should try out a new HDMI 1.4 cable´. About the flashing on the Benq710, yes i had it 2 or 3 times, usually when watching in Economy mode - when you switch to normal andf let it run a few minutes, the flashing stops and you can go back to economy mode. i have this maybe once in two months... (?).

PostPosted: 05 Dec 2012, 06:49 

:ugeek: 250 inch and in 3d :ugeek:

PostPosted: 19 Jan 2013, 19:23 

Hello guys, I am just wondering:

1)Does the "W710st" play Blu-ray movies in cinema like actual 3D(non SBS,non top/bottom) from the PC Blu-ray Rom without a converter?

2) Is Optoma 3D-XL converter compatible with the "W710st" or does the projector have to be Optoma branded?

3) When watching PC movies in SBS 3D on a "W710st" Do I need to be wearing my Nvidia glasses?

4) Regardless of price, When it comes to least ghosting in 3D, best picture quality for movies and games which is best:
Benq's W710st or Optoma's 66/67 or Viewsonic's PJD6531w or Acer's H5360

5) Do any of the previous Projectors play 3D PS3 without a converter?

Sorry for asking so much, but you would make my day if you spare a moment to answer..