All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: Acer p1200b 3D DLP problem!!
PostPosted: 09 Mar 2012, 06:00 

Hello to everyone! I'm new in this forum :)

I have a big problem and I really need some help!

I bought an acer(p1200b) projector DLP 3d ready and the acer dlp active shutter glasses. I have connected the projector with my computer and I tried to configure everything in nvidia control panel(stereoscopic 3d). I did everything but I cannot see 3d in any game or movie. I tried to play mw2 in 3d but nothing. I downloaded some sbs bluray 3d movies and still I'm not able to see 3d.. Every time i try to watch a movie in 3d or to play a game in 3d all i can see are red and blue colors. I'm not 3d blind because i go some times to the cinema and i watch 3d movies. I don't know whats the problem here. I tried to connect the projector via hdmi and also vga (1024x768-120hz). I tried everything and i searched in google to find answers but i cant find a solution.
Can someone help me please?

Extra info:
My graphics card is MSI TwinFrozr GTX 285 - Nvidia
In projector's manual it says that in order to watch 3d I need to connect a vga cable, so i did!
Programs that I tried to watch 3d movies are nvidia 3d vision player, kmplayer and powerdvd.

Thanks a lot and sorry for my bad english! I'm from Cyprus :)

Post subject: Re: Acer p1200b 3D DLP problem!!
PostPosted: 09 Mar 2012, 08:20 
Site Admin

It seems you get the 3D Vision discover mode activated which is essentially an anaglyph 3D mode.

The reason for that is that you do not have the 3D Vision kit (glasses and IR emitter).

What you can do is try the Stereoscopic Player with Software Pageflipping output mode, this should work with the DLP glasses for 3D video playback.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: 11 Mar 2012, 18:25 

I tried all the output modes in stereoscopic player but I'm still not able to watch 3d. :/
I thought that i could see 3d movies or play a 3d game even with DLP glasses..now I need to buy the nvidia 3d vision kit?
and by the way, with the dlp projector/glasses you are not able to watch sbs movies ?

Thanks for your reply!

PostPosted: 11 Mar 2012, 18:34 
Site Admin

Some projectors feature support for direct Side by Side 3D feeds and can display that in stereo 3D mode, but not every model. Most projectors expect frame sequential input of 3D content that they can display in 3D mode.

Using the Software Pageflipping works quite well on most 3D DLP projectors that use DLP Link glasses, for gaming you might be able to make it work with the iZ3D driver for example, so you can download the free trial version and try it out, not sure if it supports your exact projector model.

If you get a pair of 3D Vision glasses with their IR emitter things would be much easier for video playback as well as gaming in stereo 3D as there is much more software that supports them, including Blu-ray 3D video players and of course the ability to play games in stereo 3D mode on the big screen with control of depth can really provide great experience, much better than most movies where you get the depth level fixed.

Profile WWW