All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: 3D Projector EDID Override INF driver database
PostPosted: 23 Oct 2012, 00:19 

Knightlingbugg wrote:
Hi mcissel,
You seem to have done everything right so far. When you go to system/device_manager/monitors you should see "ViewSonic PJD6553w (VSC2725 EDID override)". This, however, an incomplete solution for you. This INF file supports the specs of the 6553w and only spoofs the Plug and Play number given to the video card. For a complete solution, you need to use the specs that came with your projector. Do this: install and run the MONINFO.EXE program at the beginning of this thread and when you see your projector listed, select it and look for "Plug and Play ID......VSCxxxx" on the list at the right. Where I have the xxxx, look for these numbers in the second line of boxes in the data field on the left. They should be in box 4 and 3 (respectively) of the second line of boxes. You know you are in the right place when you select one of these boxes and see "ID product code" in the task bar at the bottom of the window. To spoof the PNP into thinking it has a certified PJD6531w, change box 3 to "25"; change box 4 to "27". The Plug and Play ID will instantly update in the list at the right. It should now say "VSC2725". Now go to file/createINF and name your new file with something like "PJD5523w-as-PJD6531w". You now have the correct inf file to run your 3D projector with the Nvidia card. Once you install this new file, you should now see "ViewSonic PJD5523w (VSC2725 EDID override)". Try something in 3D. Post your results here.

NOTE: these instructions will not work for non-ViewSonic projectors!

It was working fine with my GTX550 ti. The PJD6553 as PJD6531 was flawless. Arkham City is A++ in 3D. I flew around Gotham City for a while. I was Batman.
-but-
I traded up to a GTX 670, and it wouldn't work at all. I couldn't set my refresh rate to 120Hz. It would only be 60Hz!!
So I followed your instructions to make a PJD5523w specific inf file, with the 27 and 25 swapped in to boxes 4 and 3. Then I could set my refresh rate correct. OK, then I tried to run the 3D vision set up wizard and I got the red error message "Warning: attempting to run stereoscopic 3d in a non-stereo display mode". I was also forced to choose backwards on the triangle/hexagon test, otherwise the test claimed "Hardware test failed". So I had to wear the glasses upside down.

I did a lot of research. Turns out you can erase the error message, but I haven't found a way to switch the eyes.

So as I was writing this, I tried the old PJD6553w as PJD6531w inf that had been working before. I thought I'd give it a shot before hacking around any more. Guess what? - It's all working again now! Weird! No more upside down glasses, and no more red warning message.

What was different?
I have set the resolution to 1280x720, and the refresh rate to 120Hz. It doesn't work at 1280x800. I also updated (and rolled back) and wiped the drivers a whole bunch, and finished updating my fresh install of windows. I don't know why it mysteriously didn't work and now does, and I don't know why the PJD6553w-as-PJD6531w.inf works while the PJD5523w-as-PJD6531w.inf doesn't (my pj is a PJD5523w). I'll upload the EDID override I made anyway. I read somewhere that trying different inf's is a good way to get the 3D on. Maybe it will help somebody else.

Attachments:
File comment: didn't work for me!
Maybe it will for you...

PJD5523w-as-PJD6531w.inf [2.32 KiB]
Downloaded 932 times

PostPosted: 11 Dec 2012, 02:45 

i plugged my acer x110p into my laptop and i go to device manager and get generic and non generic PnP monitor.. i dont know which one is which and i have tried updating the driver of both with the acer_x1261.inf but my computer just says windows thinks your drivers are up to date and doesnt do anything.. help?
back stroy.. i have nvidia Gt 635m on my laptop and i have just purchased nvidia vision glasses and i want to use them on my projector.. help

PostPosted: 26 Dec 2012, 05:14 

did you find a solution tanman ??

PostPosted: 28 Jan 2013, 23:56 

Hello,
I´m searching for an inf-file of the Acer H5360BD projector, not for Acer H5360. Because my projector BenQ703D is not yet supported by 3DTV Play. So if anybody owns this model, or any other projector directly supported by 3DTV Play, I would be very glad if someone would post this file here.
The attached file is the inf-File of the BenQ703D 1280x720 HDMI 1.4 projector.

Attachments:
BenQ703D.inf [2.31 KiB]
Downloaded 795 times

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2013, 21:07 

I've got a working edid config for my projector, but I've not sure which EDID I installed to get it working (for epson tw9000).

Would like to save the working EDID files, can I just follow the guide in openingpost for this and save my EDID config this way for later use if I want to reinstall windows sometime?

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2013, 21:24 
Site Admin

Yes, you can.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: 25 Feb 2013, 00:13 

Took several hours and lots of dead ends but I finally came up with a file that worked for my setup. I have a GT700 behind a bunch of switches. Windows 8 x64 reported it as the name of the switch. Previoulsly I had been using the analog audio out and VGA but decided to try and get it to all go over HDMI.

The trick was an inf with the edid from an H3650 and an Onkyno reciever. The H3650 file that is around alows for 3d vision but won't let any sound through. Attached should be good for 720p 120hz with pretty much any audio output (works great with the GT700 + Audio)

enjoy.

Attachments:
Acer H5360 EDID Override w Reciever.inf [2.86 KiB]
Downloaded 1155 times

PostPosted: 21 May 2013, 12:47 

Thank "3DvB", Qumi Q2 with Acer X1261 3D Projector *.inf works great :D

PostPosted: 06 Jun 2013, 15:34 

Hi, new to the forum. I'd just like to confirm what I've learned here and hopefully it will work for me.

I have a GTX550Ti with a BenQ MW516 projector. I just bought an Nvidia 3d vision 2 kit. The projector is 3D ready, native 1280x800 120hz, but not officially supported for 3d vision, so in the nvidia stereo setup after I plug in the IR sender, it tells me '3d ready display not detected'.

So if what I understand from reading this forum is correct, all I need to do is

1) get the .inf file for a different BenQ projector that is officially supported (download from this site)

2) download and install the Monitor asset manager program

3) use the program to find my projector listing and check the Plug and Play product ID code (which is stored in the 3rd and 4th columns of the 2nd row in the raw data table)

4) change these 2 bytes to match the code from the .inf file I downloaded, to make a new .inf file with all the same specs as my projector but with a supported ID code

5) Save this as a new inf file

6) Install it

Is this correct? If so, the only thing I'm a bit worried about is probably the easiest step - the last one. I don't remember installing a driver for the projector and I'm not sure I know exactly how to do this.

Any pointers on anything I might be about to do wrong would be greatly appreciated!!

Many thanks
3discool

PostPosted: 04 Aug 2013, 04:59 

I Really need help.. I bought the well Reviewed Optoma GT750 3D Projector
which does 3D via Hdmi 1.4a for PS3 consoles, 3d blu ray but couldnt seem to
play games from my PC working with 3DTV since it doesnt read that. I have all the drivers
from nvidia, card, and downloaded 3DTV but it doesnt show. What is the best EDID override
driver could I use for this to trick it into accepting Nvidia's 3DTV so I can play PC games?

Please help!!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next