All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: 3D Projector EDID Override INF driver database
PostPosted: 24 Jul 2012, 01:19 

What are the steps to doing the override? When I go to the device manager, there isnt a projector there even when I am viewing the screen with the projector. So, I cant update the driver, there isnt one to update, but the graphics card sees that its the pjd6553w. I have the inf hack from another user, but how to I install the inf to make it substitute it?

PostPosted: 24 Jul 2012, 10:18 
Site Admin

Have you checked under Monitors, it could be detected as Generic PNP monitor in there?

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: 25 Jul 2012, 00:18 

Yup, it shows as generic. I got the edid to work thanks to the post by Knightlingbugg. Used the viewsonic 6531w to override the new 6553w I just got when they could not repair mine under warranty. Got both hacks to work. When you rig the edid thing, then you get this stupid message that you are not in a supported mode when it clearly is working, so i went through this other strange override to blow away the ability of nvidia to put text on the screen.

It was a surprise the 6553w was not supported by nvidia 3d vision. not really a direct replacement for the model that died. Its so hard to tell what 3d equipment will work on different gear. Like the ps3. The 6553w just turns green and dies when you push a ps3 into it. 3d still adds so much insanity to hardware compatibility.

Post subject: Optoma HD300X
PostPosted: 11 Aug 2012, 19:20 

That's what I take running monitor info on my PC with latest nvidia drivers and Optoma HD300X 3D projector as monitor. As you can see, it says Zinwell not Optoma, don't know why...

Optoma HD300X 3D DLP projector

Attachments:
HD300X.inf [3 KiB]
Downloaded 1063 times

Last edited by Esteban on 11 Aug 2012, 19:27, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 22 Sep 2012, 03:55 

I just tried to use the "PJD6553w-as-PJD6351w.inf" on my PJD5523w. Now in "Screen Resolutions" the Display is named PJD6553w. Is this normal? Will I have 3d? let's find out...

PostPosted: 22 Sep 2012, 05:30 

Quote:
I just tried to use the "PJD6553w-as-PJD6351w.inf" on my PJD5523w. Now in "Screen Resolutions" the Display is named PJD6553w. Is this normal? Will I have 3d? let's find out...

OK, You have a PJD5523w? I almost bought one of those. Shouldn't you be able to get 3D easily? I know that it runs @120HZ at every resolution upto 1280*800. Are you running Nvidia or AMD video. I bought a PJD6553W when they had the offer of 2 pair of free 3D glasses if you bought the projector along with the VP3D1 video processor. I have always wanted to talk with someone that had the 5523w.

PostPosted: 22 Sep 2012, 18:24 

I've never done the override trick. So I don't know where I stand. I've just ordered the 3D Vision 2 kit, and I think I should be good to go. I'm running Nvidia, GTX 550TI (I might upgrade before a month passes).
I first tried the Acer H5630 inf file, and my projector went black. I got scared, I did a system restore...
Then I tried the PJD6553w-as-PJD6351w.inf, and my projector also went black. This time, instead of a system restore, I unplugged the projector, and plugged in my HDTV (I'm using an HDMI cable), and there was a picture on my TV. Then I plugged my projector back in. Still black. Then, I plugged the tv in again, and also plugged my projector into my netbook's HDMI out port. This jogged the projector into displaying what was on the netbook. Then I plugged the projector back in to the computer, and everything worked. Now my computer states that I have a PJD6553w.
I'm assuming that I could go through this 30 second process again, with the Acer H5630 inf file, if I need to.
But, doesn't using the PJD6553w-as-PJD6351w.inf mean that Windows should register my projector as a PJD6531w? It's registering as a PJD6553w!

PostPosted: 30 Sep 2012, 22:30 

I think when you change your EDID it will be shown as the EDID file you are using not that of the original display. If I remember correctly it is reading the file first not the display you have plugged into it. Have you received your Nvidia glasses kit yet? If so, how is it working out? Did you keep the PJD6553w EDID or go back to the PJD5523w EDID?

PostPosted: 05 Oct 2012, 05:59 

mcissel wrote:
I've never done the override trick. So I don't know where I stand. I've just ordered the 3D Vision 2 kit, and I think I should be good to go. I'm running Nvidia, GTX 550TI (I might upgrade before a month passes).
I first tried the Acer H5630 inf file, and my projector went black. I got scared, I did a system restore...
Then I tried the PJD6553w-as-PJD6351w.inf, and my projector also went black. This time, instead of a system restore, I unplugged the projector, and plugged in my HDTV (I'm using an HDMI cable), and there was a picture on my TV. Then I plugged my projector back in. Still black. Then, I plugged the tv in again, and also plugged my projector into my netbook's HDMI out port. This jogged the projector into displaying what was on the netbook. Then I plugged the projector back in to the computer, and everything worked. Now my computer states that I have a PJD6553w.
I'm assuming that I could go through this 30 second process again, with the Acer H5630 inf file, if I need to.
But, doesn't using the PJD6553w-as-PJD6351w.inf mean that Windows should register my projector as a PJD6531w? It's registering as a PJD6553w!

Hi mcissel,
You seem to have done everything right so far. When you go to system/device_manager/monitors you should see "ViewSonic PJD6553w (VSC2725 EDID override)". This, however, an incomplete solution for you. This INF file supports the specs of the 6553w and only spoofs the Plug and Play number given to the video card. For a complete solution, you need to use the specs that came with your projector. Do this: install and run the MONINFO.EXE program at the beginning of this thread and when you see your projector listed, select it and look for "Plug and Play ID......VSCxxxx" on the list at the right. Where I have the xxxx, look for these numbers in the second line of boxes in the data field on the left. They should be in box 4 and 3 (respectively) of the second line of boxes. You know you are in the right place when you select one of these boxes and see "ID product code" in the task bar at the bottom of the window. To spoof the PNP into thinking it has a certified PJD6531w, change box 3 to "25"; change box 4 to "27". The Plug and Play ID will instantly update in the list at the right. It should now say "VSC2725". Now go to file/createINF and name your new file with something like "PJD5523w-as-PJD6531w". You now have the correct inf file to run your 3D projector with the Nvidia card. Once you install this new file, you should now see "ViewSonic PJD5523w (VSC2725 EDID override)". Try something in 3D. Post your results here.

NOTE: these instructions will not work for non-ViewSonic projectors!

PostPosted: 10 Oct 2012, 14:16 

Hello, I have a 3D Ready projector with a 3D Vision kit, I did not know that nVidia only accepted projectors licensed to use the 3D features, so I'm having a lot of trouble to make it work, I got a file. INF (OEM) here site managed and run some games, just bad with the 285.62 driver but he acknowledges my projector as a CRT and does not work perfectly, somehow hesitate to create a. INF that makes the 3D Vision recognizes my projector as prepared for 3D Vision ? I read here a. Benq W700 INF, but when I opened it was samsung sincmaster, and it did not work ... if you have an idea I'll be very grateful ...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next