All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: new acer x110p. can it play SBS
PostPosted: 31 Jan 2012, 23:56 

Hi all,

i have just received an acer x110p projector and some dlp-link glasses. I'm not really clued up on 3d projectors so came here looking for some advice.

I have been given some SBS 3d.mkv files?? will these play on the projector and what software would be required to play them?

Thanks for any advice.

Woody

Post subject: Re: new acer x110p. can it play SBS
PostPosted: 01 Feb 2012, 10:16 
Site Admin

You can try with the Stereoscopic Player using Software Pageflipping output mode from the player...

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2012, 10:19 

I have an Optoma 3D Ready projector which uses DLP glasses and it works fine with SBS 3D MKVs. Just keep in mind that you're loosing half width resolution with SBS.

To whatch those files I would recommend PowerDVD or Stereoscopic player. None is free. There's another one, Sview, I think it's free but I never could make it work. My favourite is PowerDVD. It's a bit heavy when running but it plays everything smoothly.

EDIT: As Bloody said, it should work with Page-flipping on stereoscopic player. On PowerDVD you don't need to configure anything, it will detect itself your type of display.

EDIT2: Now that I'm thinking about it... maybe on PowerDVD you need a compatible AMD3D or 3DVision Card. I'm not sure because both my Radeon and GTX new, never tried with an older card.

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2012, 15:51 

thanks very much for the replies, ill give it a go.

Another quick question, will any of the cheap dlp-link glasses on ebay work with the projector?

thanks again.

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2012, 20:25 
Site Admin

Yes, they should work as DLP Link is a standard, so there is no reason for different brands not to work as long as they are made to support DLP Link. However the quality you get with cheaper alternatives may be inferior to a well know brand using better lenses, but this is not always happening as practice shows... sometimes you can get cheaper a better performing DLP Link 3D glasses as well ;)

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2012, 12:05 

Pageflipping in my experience takes alot of computer processing. I have a quad core and it would not cope with it. If you use a 3Dvision graphics card and enable the quad buffer with the emmulator then it works ok. DLP link is not the best technology though because the black level is raised so much due to the white frames inserted into the image to sync the glasses. Also if you look away you will lose sync and may have to constantly switch left/right eye.

mark

PostPosted: 04 Feb 2012, 16:09 

Thanks for the help,

i now have the projector setup and stereoscopic player and powerdvd installed but i cant get it to work!

The glasses sync to the projector but the image displayed seems very jeky! is this lack of computer power for converting sbs to page flipping on the fly?

Powerdvd wont give me the option to select page flipping, not sure why so cant try that. Is the any software that will convert SBS to 120hz(not on the fly) or is there something else i could try?

Thanks

Dan

PostPosted: 04 Feb 2012, 16:34 
Site Admin

What is the hardware of the PC you are using for the playback?

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2012, 10:01 

Computer is a laptop with intel core 2 duo - 2GHz, 4gb RAM and on board graphics.

I have a desktop but in in a different country at moment.

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2012, 16:01 

Thats the results i got with software pageflipping. The only solution ive found is to use a 3D vision nvidia graphics card and IR emulater. At that point the pageflipping will be done on hardware so will run on a 2ghz pc without any problems. At that point you can use 3Dvision player.

Mark