[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 495: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 495: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Acer X1130P 3D Question - 3D Vision Blog - Forum

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: Re: Acer X1130P 3D Question
PostPosted: 04 Feb 2012, 10:49 

Hi,

I'm assuming my graphics card ain't the greatest:-

Video Display shows:-

Mobile Intel (R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family

FD

PostPosted: 04 Feb 2012, 12:48 
Site Admin

Ok, so it does have an Intel integrated GPU, does it say somewhere that the laptop uses Nvidia Optimus?

If it is only with the integrated Intel GPU, then for 3D movies you should try the Stereoscopic Player with Software pageflipping mode.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2012, 13:25 

I don't believe there is any nvidia card in my machine, there is not sticker or anything to suggest otherwise.

Took a look at that stereoscopic version to see, I notice it has a free trial version. However using this, would I be able to play an actual 3d movie via a dvd? Also with no way of knowing if it'll work or not, what would the outlay in glasses be, I take it I can't just buy a cheap pair from a local cinema hall and see if it works?

FD

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2012, 13:14 

If you dont have a nvidia graphics card then you will have to use the DLP link glasses and Stereoscopic player. Pageflipping is very very CPU intensive so you will need a pretty good pc to make it work. I have a quad core intel and it would not deal with HD side by side video in 3D!

The graphics card is the most important thing in the system as it handles all the video processing for video so you really need a better graphics card.

Mark

PostPosted: 15 Feb 2012, 16:13 

Thanks for the reply, I have a Toshiba Satellite L450 Laptop, so not sure if that's really all that powerful.

I'm guessing I need to get a nvidia graphics card installed. I was thinking about the nvidia 3d vision, but then again not sure if that will be able to work with my projector using vga cable?

Or would it be a case of just getting a nvidia graphics card of any such, like the ones attached:-

FD

PostPosted: 16 Feb 2012, 10:41 

You will need a 3Dvision compatible graphics card. They have a list of compatible cards on the Nvidia website. If you just want to run 3D video then you can pick one up for £40. If you want gaming that changes things.

Mark

PostPosted: 16 Feb 2012, 11:49 

Hi Mark,

Firstly can I just say thanks for helping me out (also Bloody), as this is the only site that I have really got any help on this. Appreciate it.

As I said before I'm not the greatest technically and no doubt bug the hell out of people with constant questions. :lol:

So really, is it a case that I buy a graphics card (presume it would have to be a specific one?), then buy this nvidia 3d kit (has glasses, software and emitter I believe) and then that's me good to go? I know there is all this HDMI wiring, but my laptop can only be connected via VGA lead (which I have) or possibly the s-video connection (don't have). Is this all I really need then and that's me good to go?

Or is there other stuff I need also?

FD

PostPosted: 16 Feb 2012, 11:51 

Oh and not in the slightest interested in 3d gaming.

FD

PostPosted: 16 Feb 2012, 12:33 
Site Admin

You want to get a new video card for a PC or for your laptop?

Just checking to be sure we are on the right track...

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: 16 Feb 2012, 12:37 

The graphics cards are for desk tops only. The graphics card on your laptop can not be changed im afraid. If you have a desk top with at least a 2ghz core 2, 2 gigs of ram, PCI express slot then say a nvidia GT430 (cheap card) that should cope with 3D video. Its VGA out into the projector. You would need the glasses so either the infrared official glasses and emitter. I prefer the cheaper RF cloned 3D vision glasses because they never lose sync.

Mark