All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: Acer X1130P 3D Question
PostPosted: 23 Jan 2012, 17:11 

Hi All,

Hoping someone can help me out.

Have this projector and it's brilliant for my gaming and watching stuff via the laptop.

Question I'm wondering about is getting it to show 3D.

I'm not overly fussed about the gaming side of it, but would be quite interested in playing movies through it, if I can game all teh better.

I've attached some info on it which also shows the connections as well which I'm unsure if this maybe a possible problem too.

http://www.projectisle.com.au/Product-D ... odId=24135

Could someone explain to me exactly what I'd need to watch 3d movies on this particular projector.

I have the PS3 which I have been told can play 3d movies, but can't see me just being able to put the a/v cable in, can't see it as being as simple as plugging it in. Via my laptop it is just a vga cable connection and I assume I need such stuff as a 3d graphics card (I have seen something about it being ready for 3d nvidia vision), 3d player drive or something installed into my laptop?

The other option is a plain 3d player, the only thing I'm wondering is is the projector able to work directly with a 3d player and do I have the connections that are applicable also in the first place?

Hope someone can help, thanks in advance, if you need more info please ask.

Many Thanks

FD

Post subject: Re: Acer X1130P 3D Question
PostPosted: 24 Jan 2012, 13:12 
Site Admin

This particular model from Acer could be a bit troublesome, as the earlier versions of the X1130P were not officially 3D Vision capable, while the later ones are, so you should check if your has the 3D Vision ready logo on the box of the projector or not. If it has it you need an Nvidia-based video card and a pair of 3D Vision glasses with the Nvidia IR emitter and you should be able to play games in stereo 3D mode with it. If it is from the units produced earlier with no official 3D vision support you might have to try some workarounds to make it work...

As for using it with PS3 in 3D mode, it will not be directly compatible as the PlayStation 3 works with HDMI 1.4 frame packaging for the 3D and this projector does not support this mode. And since the native resolution of this model is less than 720p you can't use it with an external adapter to convert HDMI frame packaging to frame sequential mode that this projector can understand for 3D. In short you should consider getting a new model that is 720p 3D DLP and preferably has support for HDMI 1.4 in order to save money and not having to buy an external adapter to convert the signal.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: 24 Jan 2012, 14:21 

Thanks for the response.

Yes it definetely is 3d Ready, has the logo etc.

I did mention the PS3, that was more to do with being told it is a 3d player.

Tbh, I don't know if I would really be too fussed with gaming on it, it would really only be movies I'd quite fancy.

Not sure if the PS3 is still ruled out then, my Laptop (Toshiba Satellite) I'm not sure of it's set-up, it ain't 3d ready, I know that, so this is why I'm wondering about the 3d nvidia vision kit, but not sure what happens in terms of the connections (although the Projector if 3d ready, surely must be able to be connected via the available connections it has). The other question would be if this 3d card could be put into my laptop, how do I actually play a dvd in my machine, would that be a new drive required?

FD

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2012, 10:15 
Site Admin

The PS3, no matter if for games or movies in 3D uses the same output and that is HDMI 1.4 frame packaged, so it will not be supported on the projector...

You saw the 3D ready logo or 3D Vision ready logo as these are two different things?

What is the video card inside the laptop, it could be enough for playing back movies and even some games in stereo 3D mode?

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: 02 Feb 2012, 15:45 

It is the 3d ready logo, also mentioned DLP. I just read something about it being able to be used with the 3dvision, so I presumed it just meant if I had a 3dvision kit in my laptop/pc then it'd be good to go.

FD

PostPosted: 02 Feb 2012, 15:54 
Site Admin

You can try to make it work using a modified inf driver, so that the projector would be recognized as a compatible one.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2012, 11:53 

Just modify the inf file and it will work no problem. I have 2 pairs of 3Dvision compatible RF glasses for sale in the UK if you want? Alot cheaper than the official 3d Vision ones.
i could also send you the inf. file.

message me if interested.

cheers

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2012, 12:45 

Sorry guys, I'm not the greatest technical guy here.

I don't have a 3d vision kit in my laptop, does this need to be installed or are you saying all I have to do is change a file and that's that, just doesn't sound right?

Apologies if I haven't highlighted my problem exactly.

FD

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2012, 14:46 

If your computer has a Nvidia 3dvision compatible graphics card then you run an emmulator to make it think it has a 3dvision dongle on it. at that point you can change the inf. file to a certified projector. Then is should work.

Mark

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2012, 14:48 

If you want shutter glasses or dongle then i have some for sale?